Last night on the river 1.1m thready

coldasjoe

Congrats on getting a nice salmon there. But im sorry to tell u that u have not actually broken the 1m mark as to be legal it has to be measured to the fork. This is where a fish will measured from for any competition or even if the fisheries officers pull u over to look at ur catch. Good work though u will be over a meter in no time B)

Squealing like girls :whistle:

Congrats on getting a nice salmon there. But im sorry to tell u that u have not actually broken the 1m mark as to be legal it has to be measured to the fork. This is where a fish will measured from for any competition or even if the fisheries officers pull u over to look at ur catch. Good work though u will be over a meter in no time B)

You might want to double check that Nitris, pretty sure DPI measures to the tip of the tail and if there's a difference between the dorsal and ventral tips of the tail then it's half way between them. Usually it's only the comps that enforce fork measurements

All fish are legally measured from the very tip of the mouth to the longest point of the tail fin.

Also the legal measurement can be taken by moving the tail fin to get the longest legth possible and not as it sits on a measuring device.

Fork length is used by some competitions and some people but it is not the legal way to measure a fish.

Well i have to say i learned something today. Congrats one ur 1.1m theady mate my bad.. :blush:

This gets me thinking... my best threadie is 1.11m to the fork so technically she be upwards of 1.2m? B) This is great news. :woohoo:

that`s what it`s all about,sharing and learning :) (and the fact that no one knows everything helps to keep our feet on the ground) :lol::lol:

Archived