New Trend Of Aqua-planking Begins With A Flop

ellicat

Headed out with Ted for a Peel session on Monday. Checked Willy Weather before we left and relied on the forecast of 10knots at 7am dropping sharply to 5 for the rest of the day. Someone slept in and it wasn't me this time but we were in position for the expected peak bite period.

The wind was heading in the wrong direction speed-wise and after deploying the baits in the chop Ted landed our target species - a fish :whistle:

Picture of grinner planking

post-564-144598634713_thumb.jpg

Then it was my turn with what I believe was a very old snapper. I say this as it had signs of advanced shrinking. Oh, we had decided to start a new trend - Aqua Planking. Whenever we caught a fish it was to be photographed with the catcher Aqua Planking ... and so it was -

Me with the first AP of the day.

post-564-144598634724_thumb.jpg

post-564-14459863473_thumb.jpg

Next up Ted caught a fish and headed to the pre-determined planking facility and began his planking. I arose from my seat and changed sides to get a better pic. There was a bit of swell and chop and the balance of the boat shifted.....and guess what ? - So did Ted !!!! ahahahahahahaha :lol: :woohoo: :lol::lol: :woohoo: :lol::lol: :silly: :lol::lol: :side: :lol::lol: :woohoo: :lol:

I am seeking the services of a kind seamstress as my sides have not only split but there is tearing in the corners.

I looked up and there he was asking if I was going to help him back in, just bobbing around behind the stern of the boat. After I composed myself just a little I replied "Hang on I have to get some footage of this" First things first, right ? :P Unfortunately I made a mistake due to the glare and polaroids combining to make the LCD screen nearly impossible to see and discovered when we returned home that I indeed missed the in-water footage. :pinch: :( :evil:

However there was still a lot of fun to be had. B)

post-564-144598634738_thumb.jpg

post-564-144598634744_thumb.jpg

The rest of the day is somewhat of a blur as that was all I could think about and my eyes had tears after almost 15 minutes of hysterical laughter.

I do recall meeting up with Nitris at one point and he was right into the idea as well

Picture of Nitris Aqua Planking

post-564-144598634751_thumb.jpg

Ted was on fire (although somewhat chilled) and managed to land the catch of the day

Picture of Ted planking with an EP

post-564-144598634757_thumb.jpg

I then shared some good moments with a Winner called Charlie Grinner

Picture of smoking grinner

post-564-144598634764_thumb.jpg

post-564-144598634773_thumb.jpg

Ted with another of the target species :whistle:

post-564-144598634782_thumb.jpg

The fishing was basically rubbish. We moved to a few spots like Dunwich and Lazo's Gutter where there was plenty of bait in the water but seemingly only being predated on by more winner grinner. :S

We headed down to the McLeay end of the paddock where this bloke landed the only 'eskiable' fish to that time. It looks a fair bit smaller in the pic than the 34cm it measured on the mat but he was a pretty big bloke :dry: He was also right into the new trend.

Picture of fuzzy man aqua planking

post-564-14459863479_thumb.jpg

It was at this spot that a massive jew was landed but when we cut it open to see why it was so fat we discovered, as Ted pulled one of the babies out, that it was pregnant. So we hurriedly threw them both back in so they wouldn't suffer. Naturally there was no time for pictures of this unbelievable event. In fact my recollection is a little cloudy :unsure: but I definitely remember Ted releasing a very small jew :dry:

After that we decided to head back to the original spot near Peel to see out the session until around 10pm. With the wind howling and the swell and chop getting worse and worse the clever call was eventually made that it was 6th last cast plus one more ;) and we were back at the ramp after a slow journey by about 7.30 - 8 o'clock.

The tally for the day was

Me and Ted

Heaps and heaps of small squire, winner grinner, grassies, grubfish, tusk fish, EP's (yes Ted Got 2), Tarwhine, and 1 Jew which was good to see (after I put the magnifying specs on).

Thanks for reading.

Oh, Ted got a catshark too of course :P

post-564-144598634798_thumb.jpg

Great day again Ted but the fishing sucked really :pinch: :lol::lol:

Would I do it again soon ? - You bet. Especially if your aqua planking starts the same way :P :silly: :woohoo: :lol::lol::lol:

For those that don't read, here is a quick summary of how I saw the day.

and no doubt this is how Ted saw the day

post-564-144598634805_thumb.jpg

love it Brian - sort of glad you missed the video of me in the water

We arent!!!

Another great report brian, looks like a great day out even if the fish didnt come to play! Glad you had the entertaining company to see you through the day :lol:

Thanks for a good laugh Fellas, the Nitris shot... well i'm pissing myself laughing, oh yeah and the grinner too !!!

Sooooo, some pack bait, rods, reels etc.... and then there's Brian, wigs and other props hahaha next time will see you in drag dancing at the back of the boat catching fish hahaha

Ted i thought you would know better then tho follow in the footsteps of that ellocat it was always going to end in tears hahahaha never a dull moment with you to in the same boat that's for sure let see if we can get aqua-planking to go virial

I always love to read ur posts Ellicat. And I'm glad i ran into u guys out there for my first aqua plank :woohoo:

Great times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle:

Indeed ! lol

I admit I had had a feeling before leaving home we would find you out there on Monday :whistle: :lol:

I reckon you should try Aqua planking a tuna next time. Footage of it quiver-shaking you into the ocean would be priceless ! :woohoo: :lol:

Funny stuff guys - I don't know how you pair concentrate long enough to actually land a fish (or cat shark). Good to see you have the same target species as me ....... a fish!!!!

Absolutely entertaining read. Halfway through I was thinking to myself "this could be a contender for ROTM" then I remembered one of the judging criteria .................... perhaps not then!!!

Keep enjoying yourselves. BTW - after next week I'm on holidays for two weeks so let me know if you're heading out midweek (or if you want to be a deckie Brian - I'm somehow still game!!!!).

Funny stuff guys - I don't know how you pair concentrate long enough to actually land a fish (or cat shark). Good to see you have the same target species as me ....... a fish!!!!

Absolutely entertaining read. Halfway through I was thinking to myself "this could be a contender for ROTM" then I remembered one of the judging criteria .................... perhaps not then!!!

Keep enjoying yourselves. BTW - after next week I'm on holidays for two weeks so let me know if you're heading out midweek (or if you want to be a deckie Brian - I'm somehow still game!!!!).

Should be good for a session at some stage over the break. I'd be keen to scare you have a session with you. Could be disastrous a lot of fun :woohoo:

:P

Archived