sand pumping jetty nightmair

madmullet

well me green machine and a mate of mine decided to go down the tweed to my secret spot to chase shoverlies, bream, tailor, salmon and trevs. but unfortunatly we couldnt get their, so we decided to head to the sand pumping jetty around 11.30pm. bad choise, their were over 250 people cramed on the jetty. now let me delve into what we say which ANGERS me so much......

hear we go,

1 white bucket bragade sholder to sholder not giving 2 hoots about who was around or what they were doing. as you walked pass you really had to concetrate as their pust put their rods back and cast out, so their were pillies flying everwhere, and believe me if i got hooked their was hell to pay.

2 most of them had their quota, but they still kept catching and keeping.

3 i ask 4 differant people how often they come hear, they all said 3rd night in a row. wtf. could you imagine these people taking bag limit of fish + extras every night....... it angers me......

4 i ask several of them if i could squeez in and have a fish...... the answer........ NO.... so much for a free world....

5 taking of undrsize fish.... bream, whiting, tailor, it didnt matter......, i asked on person do you no the rules and regs on fishing, he looked at me and went, sorry, dont understand.ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

6 most people cleared out by 3.30am and you shold have seen the mess they left. plastic bags everwhere, noodle cups, pillies and fish heads left on jetty.

now for this............

where are the fisheries ???????????????????????

this happens continuosly :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

i wanted to inter vien and tip alot of bucket out but they would have stuck together and their were only 3 of us.

i for one feel so sorry for the people out their that do the rite thing, but get punished for doing nothing wrong. when will people wake up and relise they are destroying out beautiful invironment. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

i think if you cant follow laws set by the government you need to be punished, no matter the cercomstances, like i didnt no, sorry it was a mistake or i dont understand.......

anyway i could go on and on,

bring in licensing or test to get the license.....

what ever.....

i am out

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

p.s i got 6 choppers

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate unfortunately that happens every night down there :angry: And when the fisheries do come they tie a rope to the bucket and dangle it just under the jetty to hide and get away with it :angry: I was there last week and watched a foreign bloke keep at least 30 undersized whiting and when I told him they gotta be 23cm he looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. What needs to happen is the fisheries instead of patrolling the jetty they should set up at the start of the jetty at kiosk and do inspections of fishers on the way out, simple solution.

Mate unfortunately that happens every night down there :angry: And when the fisheries do come they tie a rope to the bucket and dangle it just under the jetty to hide and get away with it :angry: I was there last week and watched a foreign bloke keep at least 30 undersized whiting and when I told him they gotta be 23cm he looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. What needs to happen is the fisheries instead of patrolling the jetty they should set up at the start of the jetty at kiosk and do inspections of fishers on the way out, simple solution.

that is true..... but will it happen no.... me and mat will be doing a short film shortly on this and going to the media

get some pics on the telephone camera and report it to the fisheries with the pictures and tell them if they dont resond to it you will take the matter to the local member. Sick to death of these idiots taking advantage it needs someone to make a loud noise ( squeeky Gate) to get some attention.

i totally agree with kurt and i for one also agree with bringing in a fishing license and on the spot fine someone fishing with out one. the money goes straight into fisheries funding its win win win and i know to fish dams u need a sip etc so may as well make it everywhere its a small price to pay and could extent in more fish and some of these fwits getting charged

I went out on friday night and this guy nearly flicks me in the head with his pillie not caring or anything. So I stop and look at his MASSIVE pile and when i save massive i mean massive maybe 3x2 mound of fish. I stop him and ask him is that all from you and he goes yeah and from the kids...who HAD no rods and his wife didnt have either. I must admit I went two night in a row and will probably go again later this week but I caught 15 and decided to call it a night and later on today ive distributed it to family members and my elderly neighbours. I just don't see why/are allowed to bring family members and have bag limits for them when they are obviously not fishing.

In regards to the overcrowded jetty and being packed like sardines its that time of year, the people working at the kiosk should enforce the rules of cleaning up after yourselves and stuff like that. I do find it saddening that people catch that amount of fish and keep it when the fish doesn't keep too well/they have it lying on the ground not iced going to waste.

It is a good environment though you hardly get the side by side fishing in that amount of numbers! Met some nice people and not too many agro's if your fishing there your going to get tangled, I got tangled up about 15times last night one idiot was using braid....

I went out on friday night and this guy nearly flicks me in the head with his pillie not caring or anything. So I stop and look at his MASSIVE pile and when i save massive i mean massive maybe 3x2 mound of fish. I stop him and ask him is that all from you and he goes yeah and from the kids...who HAD no rods and his wife didnt have either. I must admit I went two night in a row and will probably go again later this week but I caught 15 and decided to call it a night and later on today ive distributed it to family members and my elderly neighbours. I just don't see why/are allowed to bring family members and have bag limits for them when they are obviously not fishing.

In regards to the overcrowded jetty and being packed like sardines its that time of year, the people working at the kiosk should enforce the rules of cleaning up after yourselves and stuff like that. I do find it saddening that people catch that amount of fish and keep it when the fish doesn't keep too well/they have it lying on the ground not iced going to waste.

It is a good environment though you hardly get the side by side fishing in that amount of numbers! Met some nice people and not too many agro's if your fishing there your going to get tangled, I got tangled up about 15times last night one idiot was using braid....

night one idiot was using braid...

what wronge with that...... i use braid!!!!!!!!!!!

night one idiot was using braid...

what wronge with that...... i use braid!!!!!!!!!!!

lol this particular fool was using some weird as rig, so when he cast he'd cast across 5-6 lines then jerk it because he was using a metal slug and the braid was a biartch to untangle even when we cut our lines we lost all our traces because he kept doing it. He went through two spools. I should rephrase A IDIOT with braid that didn't know how to cast :whistle:

I used to fish the jetty at Dunwich alot and the same things go on there, a group will turn up with beds, stoves, chairs, cots etc to setup camp for the night and what ever got hooked got kept. I'd get the barge over in the morning and their eskies would be full of 20cm Squire and other assorted undersized fish and they trash the place in the process. If I caught a nice Trev and threw it back infront of them there would be ten lines thrown in after it. It sucks to see it happening and if you said something the language barrier becomes a problem. Unfortunatly fisheries can't be everywhere.

Cheers

Mark

my mate was using braid. wow did he have some things to say about all you guys there last night.

lets all just get tangles, cut the line, and let it drop into the water.. that alone makes me wanna set fire to the jetty

its all about you guys.. don't wanna go hungry no sirree

everything in this entire post reminds me of why its by far my most despised fishing spot

my mate was using braid. wow did he have some things to say about all you guys there last night.

lets all just get tangles, cut the line, and let it drop into the water.. that alone makes me wanna set fire to the jetty

its all about you guys.. don't wanna go hungry no sirree

everything in this entire post reminds me of why its by far my most despised fishing spot

Mate when i said cut our lines. I meant I cut my own line instead of sitting there for 1-2hrs trying to untangle it. I would never cut another fisherman's line and I wouldn't expect the same treatment. Most of us were okay with cutting our lines until we did it for no joke 15 times and we all lost around 5-7 sets of gang hooks because this guy could not cast and retrieve properly, he would literally cast across 5-6 of us not even attempting to walk over us but retrieve right across us. Lets just say we weren't heartbroken when Mr Braid left haha

get some pics on the telephone camera and report it to the fisheries with the pictures and tell them if they dont resond to it you will take the matter to the local member. Sick to death of these idiots taking advantage it needs someone to make a loud noise ( squeeky Gate) to get some attention.

Hahahahha. the amount of times we have sent photos of undersize fish and then a ZOOMED up photo of the culprit and had absolutely nothing done has been every single time lol.(have done it at least 5 times with clear photos etc) We once got a call from fisheries and the lady on the other end said sorry but we cant control this WTF how can you not control it your fisheries ya dogs. That jetty is intense mad mullet you saw it on a good night we have been done there and there have been stabbings and countless times where the white bucket brigade is confronted and then they proceed to pull out knives left right and centre. To be honest if people want to see anything done you have to do it yourself. I have watched fisheries walk up that jetty past 20 buckets that have undersize fish and guess what happened......nothing. my 2 cents

Maybe we need to go down with some nice strong line, a 15ft surf rod and a motherbitch of a slug and cast from the beach across everyone. I know you will catch a few of the good ones too but i bet the vast majority arent.

Similar story today at the mouth of the river, near the yellow tripod beacon there was a tonne of boats all parked up so i stop in to see what the fuss is about, a few small whiting were cuaght by other and one boat was putting what seemed to be baby threadies or maybe putty nose perch, at least 6 i saw striaght into the tub, 20cm long at most.

It disgusting how they bring there whole extended family down and catch 200+ tailor when only a few are fishing. They know they are doing something wrong aswell because they feel the need to arm themselves.

I know right! what can you possibly do with all that fish most of it rots from being on the floor for like 5-8hrs under heaps of other fish :angry:

It was good though I saw a whole lot of younger kids with their 6ft rods casting and fishing for yellow tail bait fish for fun...that is good to see younger kids getting into it. But seeing people in tents and camping out there is just horrible.

Yeh what a bummer :( I would to see fisheries develop a "neighbourhood watch" type programme with local fishing clubs and residents. Would probably serve both as a community develoment tool and help maintain our fisheries. You'd be surprised how much authority you can project with just a hi-vis jacket, torch, and piece of paper.

well me green machine and a mate of mine decided to go down the tweed to my secret spot to chase shoverlies, bream, tailor, salmon and trevs. but unfortunatly we couldnt get their, so we decided to head to the sand pumping jetty around 11.30pm. bad choise, their were over 250 people cramed on the jetty. now let me delve into what we say which ANGERS me so much......

hear we go,

1 white bucket bragade sholder to sholder not giving 2 hoots about who was around or what they were doing. as you walked pass you really had to concetrate as their pust put their rods back and cast out, so their were pillies flying everwhere, and believe me if i got hooked their was hell to pay.

2 most of them had their quota, but they still kept catching and keeping.

3 i ask 4 differant people how often they come hear, they all said 3rd night in a row. wtf. could you imagine these people taking bag limit of fish + extras every night....... it angers me......

4 i ask several of them if i could squeez in and have a fish...... the answer........ NO.... so much for a free world....

5 taking of undrsize fish.... bream, whiting, tailor, it didnt matter......, i asked on person do you no the rules and regs on fishing, he looked at me and went, sorry, dont understand.ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

6 most people cleared out by 3.30am and you shold have seen the mess they left. plastic bags everwhere, noodle cups, pillies and fish heads left on jetty.

now for this............

where are the fisheries ???????????????????????

this happens continuosly :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

i wanted to inter vien and tip alot of bucket out but they would have stuck together and their were only 3 of us.

i for one feel so sorry for the people out their that do the rite thing, but get punished for doing nothing wrong. when will people wake up and relise they are destroying out beautiful invironment. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

i think if you cant follow laws set by the government you need to be punished, no matter the cercomstances, like i didnt no, sorry it was a mistake or i dont understand.......

anyway i could go on and on,

bring in licensing or test to get the license.....

what ever.....

i am out

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

p.s i got 6 choppers

Same crap happens in New Zealand (Auckland) Kurt, its so dam sad to see people pulling up small undersize fish and keeping them :( I tell you i have kicked a few buckets back into the water because of this :evil:

Love how the fisheries respond the same way no matter where or when something is reported....."we can't be everywhere at once"

make the docco and take it to current affair.

You would think police should have the power to issue fines and not just fisheries.

We as afo need to organise a huge fishing social at this place and pack the jetty with our members before anyone else does. And if any of us see undersizs fish being taken then we will have the saftey in numbers to take action.

a docco on this would be great to see

and i am goin to do it

Thats a great idea Make a Docco, I know that if you expose these guys, they will move onto a different spot, but the more you chase them the more spots they are going to run out on, but don't stop at the fishing spots, go to a few shops, i know that there are some shops that will buy fish via the Illegal channels, If we can put them in the spot light, its going to be harder for them to buy, there for it may stop this stuff from happening. I personaly don't care if they have a family of 10000 people, as long as they go by what the law says, and don't take more then what will feed them, if they are there every day then they will only need enough for that night.

yeah thats bitterly disappointing to see that sorta stuff.

Just a heads up though kurt, maybe an idea to keep the recording on the sly.. I'll bet if you're waving a camera around their faces etc they may get their shanks out.

I think it is pathetic that officals aren't doing anything about it... maybe it is times like that that shows like Today Tonight and A Current Affair are actually usefull... Who's keen to write them a letter to see what their response would be?

yeah thats bitterly disappointing to see that sorta stuff.

Just a heads up though kurt, maybe an idea to keep the recording on the sly.. I'll bet if you're waving a camera around their faces etc they may get their shanks out.

I think it is pathetic that officals aren't doing anything about it... maybe it is times like that that shows like Today Tonight and A Current Affair are actually usefull... Who's keen to write them a letter to see what their response would be?

dont worrie an short film will explain it to them

fisheries are too scared to do squat. could you imagine one fishery officer against 300?

these people are taking to eat and are selling off the rest. the fish then sit in styrofoam eskies with minimal ice on the concrete floor for the remainder of the day. then it's a food health and safety issue, but their officers are too scared also to enter these suburbs and start issuing fines. then there's the issue of accreditation of processing/retailing of seafood, of which many don't pay the appropriate fees.

we've called up numerous times to report these shops, small bream, small snapper, even pike, gar, eels, bass, small everything. at the end of the day all the various officers from the various departments worry for their lives and the police aren't interested either.

i agree with your kurt it's disgusting.

If you get a doco, that will make the gov do something usefull (after all they do need to votes), Madmullet, just have your hunting pics all over your esky, and if they ask just tell them you 308 is in the ute, that might make them listen

You guys need to be aware that this is not a new problem, I have fished the Pumper on and off since its opening. The same "people" and fishing their practices-(keep everything) has been going on forever. 2 fisheries officers arrived after midnight one night in the early '90s and checked every caucasian for their catch, when asked WTF we were the only ones being checked we were told they were scared what would happen to them if they were ganged up on. So as you can see they have been toothless gutless tigers for decades. Considering the size of the fines for baglimits and undersize it seems unbelievable that the police aren't asked to accompany fisheries officers if they think their welfare is at stake while undertaking their ordained jobs. If a kid shoplifts a pair of socks the police are called and they come so lets have some priorities here. Cops and guns need to be on the jetty with the fisheries officers and collectively we need to put pressure on the minister to get this done. The law needs to be for everyone and no race should be exempt because they are scary with knives.

You guys need to be aware that this is not a new problem, I have fished the Pumper on and off since its opening. The same "people" and fishing their practices-(keep everything) has been going on forever. 2 fisheries officers arrived after midnight one night in the early '90s and checked every caucasian for their catch, when asked WTF we were the only ones being checked we were told they were scared what would happen to them if they were ganged up on. So as you can see they have been toothless gutless tigers for decades. Considering the size of the fines for baglimits and undersize it seems unbelievable that the police aren't asked to accompany fisheries officers if they think their welfare is at stake while undertaking their ordained jobs. If a kid shoplifts a pair of socks the police are called and they come so lets have some priorities here. Cops and guns need to be on the jetty with the fisheries officers and collectively we need to put pressure on the minister to get this done. The law needs to be for everyone and no race should be exempt because they are scary with knives.

write thats it, i am going to have a camera man and a couple of mates and we are going to dress up as dpi officers and document everything that happens, i no its frued but hay, something needs to be done.

A massive thank you goes out to you kurt! You're doin a great thing and I admire your work. I remember when I was a kid, my family would catch enough for a feed. The amount of people fishing was minimal. I stopped fishing there in 2005 and decided to go back there for a fish in 2009. All I can say was it was unbelievable the amount of people fishing. Shoulder to shoulder on such a long bridge.

Was a bit turned off at the time but thought Id proceed. Boy did I regret it! Tangle after tangle, other fishos were getting pisd off with me and one of them even used his smoke to burn my line off. I was fishing near the entrance and I overheard others talking about a massive fight that broke out at the end of the jetty earlier on. I decided to leave.

What a waste of time and money. I have Never returned there since, not now, or even in future. Hate the place for that reason.

Whatever you do kurt stay safe mate. Violence is no answer But If you do get into an inevitable ruff, I hope you beat the living crap out of them!

Cheers

Archived