KAYAK WANTED

sharker

you picked it in one Johnsonman... they are pacer kayaks. They are $369 new at Goodtimes...

$50 for a paddle apparently...

If its $70 difference I might just get a new one? Will probably pick her up next weekend as I need to get some practise in before summer and the sharks return to the Logan!

Thanks

Watch out with what lots of places call \"storage compartments\".

Often these are just lids that open into the hull of the Yak.

If you put stuff in them its impossible to get out half the time while paddling, and still very difficult when you are stopped.

The better ones have either drive bags inside these \"ports\" or actual hatches.

I just wanted to clarify this as i know some people have bought them with the ompression they could fill these compartnments with fishing gear and have it easily accessable.

Cheers.

Angus

Karma to you Sharker for the link. I might have a peek at lunch time at goodtimes since its just down my work. i'm in the market of getting a kayak after i come back from holidays. I need to iirst get roof racks on my new ford cos i can't get any for my nissan silvia lol. The link that you gave me, the kayak itself is pretty standard not much space for your gear but i reckon its a great start and for that price too.

Thanks for the advice too Angus

Hey Sharker can I put a really big hook in your belt and follow you around so I can at least catch the thing that tries to eat you :silly: just jokin

My idea of shark fishing does not include the word kayak :P

good luck to you

Gaz

Post edited by: Gazza, at: 2007/06/12 15:58

No worries Gordo...

Mate Ive read a thread either on here or another site and a guy has shown how he puts his kayak on his car. Now I dont know if this would be very safe for long trips or flying down the pacific highway but he just gets a length of tubular foam. (foam that would be used on normal roof racks... kinda looks like a long piece of foam similar to that used on a kids handle bars on a bike) anyway he just puts a strap through the foam and in both windows and ties tight. One on the front window, one on the back... The only problem I see now is that your silvia only has two doors so may be difficult to do!!!

The ones at Goodtimes are just over two meters... You reckon you could put your back seats down, your front passenger seat down and have some of it sticking out your front window?

Gazza... dont know about using myself but come down this summer and pick up yourself a selection of skiers... Im more than happy for you to use them!!

They cant be just over two metres and on the goodtime website it says there 2.7.

They would be good but if u wanted a cheapie way of roofracks

go to clark rubber and get a THICK pool noddle type foam and get 2 lengths that would be the widthe of your car.

Lay the noodles on the roof of your car, put the yak on and tie down.

That would be better than having it hanging out windows and things.

If all possible use roofracks or buy a box trailer.

Hey Gordo,

Have a look through ebay first. They have these suction roof racks for $100 delivered. Or Ive been looking at these...

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ROOF-RACKS-HANDIRACK-ULTRA-Inflatable-with-tie-downs_W0QQitemZ300117936350QQihZ020QQcategoryZ50138QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

has anyone seen these or used them?

Also, I rang Anaconda about those kayaks. Apparently they were advertised incorrectly in the members catalogue. The bloke said that if I can get a hold of the catalogue and take it to him he will honour the price. Its a \"Canyon\" kayak, single piece, includes backrest?, handles, weighs 18kgs and is 2.44m. So its a foot shorter than the pacers.

mate, he said that the price was incorrect and would only be honoured if I could produce the catalogue. Im not actually a member of Anaconda myself but ive found a mate who still has the catalogue and Im keen to check them out as well!! Cheers for the heads up to Johnsonman.. If it wasnt for your thread we would never had known.

I had a look at the one in the anaconda brochure and its cheap but really small. It looks like a good kayak for just rec purposes. It doesn't look like it has any room for fishing gear and tackle. You might be better getting the pacer, but its worth a look.

Archived