Pumicestone Passage

Nitris

So having the spare time on my hands I put the yak in again today down the road at Caloundra Coast Guard. Probably about 1pm by the time I hit the water. It was the clearest I have seen it for a very long time.

I trolled lures for most of it stopping to flick some light pink 3 inch SLAM shads. They have been proving really great bream lures. I have been getting onto a few large bream of late, all on the pink slam. I did about 14km in the end covering territory all the way to the mouth of Bells Creek. Back at the boat ramp by 5pm.

In the end I caught on a pink slam 2 bream, one around the 30cm mark and one well over 30cm, 2 small flatty's and a stingray.

On the trolled lures I caught one small flatty.

post-3112-144598637838_thumb.jpg

post-3112-144598637849_thumb.jpg

post-3112-144598637859_thumb.jpg

post-3112-144598637868_thumb.jpg

post-3112-144598637877_thumb.jpg

Good bream mate and good to see they were caught on slams, very surprising.

I am too. I have been getting quite a few over 30 lately, one to 36cm... these are to the fork measurements, for the tail stretchers :blink:

I also use burkley 3 inch shads and they dont even come close from my talley over the recent month or so.

If u can get ur hands on some light pink Slam id grab a few packs B)

That measuring technique shown in the pics doesn't look to be accurate :P:lol:

Last time I had my boat in there it was crystal as well. Had a bit of fun chasing the rays around near Bribie with the boat. Don't tell the RSPCA that though :unsure:

He he poor rays :)

I agree the measuring tape is in there for scale more then anything :P

Archived