morton bay classic, whats your plan of attack?

jeff f

so what have the competitors got planned for the classic

\i'm thinking of trying the end of the port wall for bream and tailor

then the jacobs well area for flathead, jew, whiting

if the bay is calm enough out round mud for snapper etc.

i'll be fishing both weekends of the comp, gotta work through the week :(

I am hoping to fish both landbased and off boat. Going to try for a big flattie, tailor, trev, whiting and bream at an undisclosed location, hoping to hit the bay next weekend and tick off snapper, grassy and a cod, providing my boat is repaired in time. My gps managed to keep all the marks after the battery was disconnected for 2 months. Winner!!! :)

And if I see a tri hull with a big bloke driving it stalking me out in the bay I know exactly what to do...

boys on holidays so it will be a solid 10 days of fishing. Looking forward to it. Will probably play the field for the beginning of the week and then focus on species after later in the week. bring it on.

So Ted are you fishing or playing the field?

boys on holidays so it will be a solid 10 days of fishing. Looking forward to it. Will probably play the field for the beginning of the week and then focus on species after later in the week. bring it on.

So Ted are you fishing or playing the field?

Kreel he clearly stated he is playing the field at the beginning of the week - STOP TRYING TO CAUSE TROUBLE!!!!!!!

Then he said he will "focus on one species later in the week" - oh, OK, that actually is quite disturbing ...... Ted, please expain!!!!

Who has next Monday off? :)

Looks like winds drop out to 0 at 4pm!

Looks like a great day generally as well to be out on the bay.

Sunday looks pretty good as well mind you!

Angus

I'll be finishing work at 130 and the yak will be on the car so a quick trip to the Peel Arti could be in order, also have Thursday off so fingers crossed the weather is good then as well.

Cheers

Mark

where is the area you can fish? is it the whole Moreton bay? so mouth of Brissy River counts?

Hi Runty,

Please see this article for the event specific rules for the 2011 MBC

http://www.australianfishing.com.au/competitions/moreton-bay-classic/501-2011-moreton-bay-classic

BOUNDARIES:The tournament will take place in Moreton Bay (Queensland) inside the following boundaries:

Northern Boundary = S 27° 0"

Southern Boundary = S 27° 50"

Eastern Boundary = South Passage Bar between Moreton Island and North Stradbroke Island

Western Boundaries = 50m up the mouth of any river or creek flowing into Moreton Bay except the Brisbane River. The Brisbane River boundary is the end (furtherest most upstream point) of the rock wall bordering the reclaimed land.

Entrants may fish anywhere in between these limits. Entrants are advised to seek authority from private owners if intending to fish from the bank of privately owned land. Bait can be collected before the time of the event, and outside these boundaries.

Who has next Monday off? :)

Looks like winds drop out to 0 at 4pm!

Looks like a great day generally as well to be out on the bay.

Sunday looks pretty good as well mind you!

Angus

i got an rdo monday and a feeling that tuesday might just require a holiday used ;) plan on exploring far in the lil tin this time with out the time frame of last year.. :P:) looking forward to it!!! i managed 30% off 30% at amart recently and stocked right up on 7 inch gulps, $3.60 a pack :silly: :lol::lol:

Noooooo! Looks like Ill be Yakking the comp. Got the boat all ready, new marine battery in place, gave her a clean, motor started with out a hitch......hang on, the water intake is not pumping in ater to the motor!!!!!!!!!! Damn it , looks like its gone again! :angry:

Never mind, I'll be taking the yak to wellington pt tomorrow early morn, that should make taking pics on the brag mat interesting! Just praying the winds and chops not too bad.

Good luck all!

Archived