King of Moreton Bay - Very Important Announcement

Orca

KING OF MORETON BAY TEAM SERIES

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING CHANGES TO THE EVENT

The Committee has received feedback (the vast majority of which was very positive) over the past couple of weeks from Round 1 competitors and also from anglers who did not to compete for various reasons.

The main areas of concern were as follows:

• A large number of people were unable to fish in the event due to work commitments or Kids sporting activities on Saturday.

• A number of people did not enter the event because it was “Catch & Release†only. They wanted to be a able to take a few fish home for a feed.

• A number of northern anglers felt they were disadvantaged by not being able to fish the Jumpinpin and Gold Coast areas, particularly for Flathead and Whiting.

• A number of northern anglers expressed concern about a lack of suitable places to fish if the weather turned nasty. They pointed out that the Jumpinpin area could still be fished without any safety concerns even in a 25 knot wind due to the many islands which offered shelter. This was particularly important for those anglers who fished from small tinnies and kayaks.

As a result of this feedback, the Committee has decided to make some changes for the remaining Flathead and Whiting rounds as follows:

1. The next 2 rounds will be amalgamated into 1 Flathead round and 1 Whiting Round.

2. The Flathead round will be fished on Sunday September 25th from 6am to 3pm.

3. The Whiting round will be fished on Sunday October 23rd from 6am to 3pm.

4. Check in and Official Briefing will be from 5-30pm to 7pm on the Saturday Night prior.

5. This competition was originally a “Catch & Release Only†Tournament. This restriction has now been removed. In its place, a statement will be inserted into the Tournament Booklet as follows:

“This Tournament aims to promote the concept of “Catch & Release†fishing. Please limit your take home catch & release the rest of the fish carefully back into the waterâ€

Headquarters for all remaining rounds including the Grand Final will now be the Redlands Multi Sports Complex, Cnr Bailey & Randall Road, Birkdale. We apologise for any inconvenience but this decision has been made in the best interests of all competitors.

We look forward to seeing all existing competitors again and also to welcome many new ones, on September 25th for the Flathead round of this great new event.

Regards

Mike Cole

Tournament Director

3rd July 2011

Good changes mike....didnt impact me too much, but i can see how it would hinder family-folk.

Looking forward to the next two rounds.

Nat

Thanks Nat. I think the rule changes will have a very positive impact going forward.

Good changes mike....didnt impact me too much, but i can see how it would hinder family-folk.

Looking forward to the next two rounds.

Nat

Nat, i think Jords will be overseas for the Flathead round so you will need to organise a substitute- i am sure that wont be a drama for you and hopefully he or she wont be a Crisy Creme Doughnut King like your last one! lol

You are still the leading female senior btw

Cheers mike...yeah i should be able to line up another partner if Jords is out. Not sure how i'd go if i actually have to share the fish though ;-)

Just jokes!

Looking forward to it:-)

Nah you only have to share fish with Jords - i am sure a new partner wont hang a Crispy Cream on you ! lol

Archived