Peel 11/6/7

ellicat

Peel 11/06/07

Headed out before dawn from Viccy Pt South ramp.

A couple of pickers on the squid bait weren’t cooperating. Had a pillie floating out and a large section of the 50cm grinner I got last trip set on the set line.

Something hit the set line but didn’t take it at the same time I got a decent hit on the squid. Let the squid rod sit whilst I checked the set line and had just wound it in when the floated pillie went off at a thousand miles an hour. Grabbed that rod up and after about 5 or so minutes got colour – Spotty Mac. 5 minuted later and had him in the boat after a couple of further good runs. He went 88cm (80cm fork if you like it that way:P ). It was my first Spotty and look forward to the next one – great fun on the lighter gear:) :) :) .

All went quiet for a while then – one 10cm pinky hooked through the eye – he’ll be telling that story for the rest of his days. A little grinner then came aboard to be sacrificed to the set line.

Nothing else was happening except for pickers, so at about 10.30 decided to call it quits. That’s when the set line went for a few good runs. After a 15 minute struggle, Grandfather Turtle came up to say hello. He was bloody heavy. Another first – and a new PB for the boat.

Reelchippy didn’t boat a fish all day, but I let him off putting the boat on the trailer naked as I didn’t have any nausea tablets onboard.

Conditions were superb.

Cheers.

Pics to follow

Nice fish Elli

better than We did :(

Roscoe and I headed out to SW Peel about 4.30 pm Sat

The weather was great at first but the fishing was slow :angry:

We boated Heaps of undersize pinkies and sweetlip the only keeper that came home was a shovel nose :(

about 1 am the wind and chill factor picked up so about 4am we pulled the pin :pinch:

Gaz

ps IGA occies accounted the the most hook ups ;) again

Brian - no idea but if you can believe the internet it's still around 23c.

Dazza - thanks.

Gazza - Bad luck mate - that's gotta hurt when you brave the conditions and the buggers don't play ball. I took a large occy tentacle out today to give it a go for the first time (after reading about occy's for bait in a post here). In the end I forgot I'd taken it until I unpacked the bait esky:blink:

Jimmybob - Thanks. Didn't have dinner in tonight - took the family to see Pirates of the Caribbean. It's tough work being a dad hey! They enjoyed it - I fell asleep and now need a masseuse to ease the sore neck. Lucky I didn't snore for a change:P

• 5 years later...

Archived