Help installing my Nav lights!!

Runty66

hey all,

I got some lights from BCF the other night.. i already have a Switch Panel - 3 Gang, Bakelite but it confuses me and im not sure how to install it.. can any one help me please!!!

Thanks James..

PS here is the swich panel
/>http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/Switch-Panel-3-Gang-Bakelite.aspx?pid=116426#Similar

run a wire from the battery to the wire that runs along the bottom of the switches, mind you this is the last step mentioned first(do not connect yet lol) then run positive wires from nav lights to the back of switch you choose, then run all negative wires to the negative on the battery..hope this makes sense.. then connect battery positive wire to the buss wire under switches lol

mate your bascaly running your lights directly from your lights to the battery with your switch inbetween this breaks the circuit when you flick the switch so your lights dont stay on obviously. So just try and thing about it like that its just straight from your lights to your battery with the switch in the middle

never any guarantee what polarity a wire is based on colour.

The buzz bar connects to the battery like Wes said, the wire running to the lights comes off the switch you want to use. If you are still even a little confused, best to download a basic wiring schematic (try to google it) and if you are still confused only take the boat out in daylight

run a red wire from the battery into the switch. The switch should split the +ve (red wire) into three which then provide for 3 outward +ve lines (red wire) to hook up your sounder lights & radio. The negative black -ve should run straight from the battery to the sounder lights & radio via a common post on the switch which will allow you to split the -ve wire into 3 as well

post-510-144598653886_thumb.jpg

run a red wire from the battery to into the switch. The switch should split the +ve (red wire) into three which then provide for 3 outward +ve lines (red wire) to hook up your sounder lights & radio. The negative black -ve should run straight from the battery to the sounder lights & radio via a common post on the switch which will allow you to split the -ve wire into 3 as well

[attachment]C:\fakepath\elect.bmp[/attachment]

Archived