Seaway session Monday 25/07/11

keen_as

Decided to give telle a pass and go for a flick at the seaway with Kiwi boy on Monday. Thought we might be luck enough to hook into some of the salmon that've been getting around.

Had a bit of late start, but got down to the ramp at about 10:00am, where we met up with another afo'er, Viper 83, (nice to meet mate.)

We rigged up and set off to the north wall for a drift, all of us flicking various forms of plastics to see what would work. After little more than a couple of taps we moved further north around the corner and drifted along a few weed covered bars, a few inquiries but hook ups, we kept moving further up with the tide, next thing Kiwi's on to a small flatty. After a quick release we motored up to crab island and drifted around there for while, Kiwi picked up a second flatty.

A short while longer then picked one up, just another little fella, still avoided the donut.

Not long after that I felt a couple of very light taps, the whack. Line starts peeling off, next thing a fish launches out of the water and dances across the surface, then a second breach and with that came the empty feeling off a popped leader. Shortly after that Kiwi hooked into a slightly smaller model, but it to won its freedom. Viper hooked in to a few flatties in quick succession, I think he ended up with 7 or 8 for the day, Kiwi and myself got stuck into a couple more small flaties.

All in all not a bad session, good weather and a few fish, no real size though.

Cheers.

Archived