"yaking up the Pine"

Keith

Yet another fishless day up the Pine.Took some frozen bait this time ,{bought from Aussie Seafood at Lawnton }.Thanks to those that suggested getting bait from there,great selection and good prices.Just as well too as there was less bait around today then last time.I had half dozen mullet and a heap of prawns.Used 2 mullet and a hand full of prawns all morning.All I got was 1 small Bream at the highway bridge.I would have settled for a few catfish just to have a bit of fun.Oh well,still a nice river to have a paddle on.Might improve with a bit of rain.

Yet another fishless day up the Pine.Took some frozen bait this time ,{bought from Aussie Seafood at Lawnton }.Thanks to those that suggested getting bait from there,great selection and good prices.Just as well too as there was less bait around today then last time.I had half dozen mullet and a heap of prawns.Used 2 mullet and a hand full of prawns all morning.All I got was 1 small Bream at the highway bridge.I would have settled for a few catfish just to have a bit of fun.Oh well,still a nice river to have a paddle on.Might improve with a bit of rain.

The shop is great for bait and I rarely go elsewhere.The pine has been getting rotten reports lately but I don't think it is as bad as all that. Maybe if you have a boat head down to Dohles rocks ramp,launch to the right(if you are looking at the water.)then follow it around to the left. The traffic late arvo to night is less and sometimes the fishing fires up around this time.See how you go.Many people go towards the hornibrook in search of fish but end up found wanting.

Archived