2 trips with no bait

Often Debaited

have been out the last 2 weekends and both times not thought about getting any bait..... so we have hit the water with lures and had a ball of a time catching some very nice lizards and droppin a few other species.......all in the river which i must say is a surprisingly good fishery considering we had floods and the amount of crap that goes through it...... the day was spenting trolling some hard bodies along the flats for flatties and we came up trumps..... and also throwing some SPs and hard bodies at a school bustin the surface...... was a lot of fun......so in saying that i will continue to use these lures and not buy bait.... see how long the fish can keep it up keepin us happy with a feed.......

Goond on ya mate. I have started doing this as well. It was abit different with me to start with because I was starting to try new techniques with my SP's but now I dont take any bait at all. I get better results and it is alot more exciting.

Look forward to hearing about your results mate.

Matt

Nice work man, using lures is like fishing for the first time again, but once you get the hang its heaps more exciting, and you catch more fish!

I am in the same boat as you and having a ball, i think the only time I will use bait now is to chase mackerel (while throwing slugs) and sharking.

Archived