'Pin Trip - Fat 71cm Lizard on HB, other critter

razzle

Went out from Jacob's Well about 9 am Sunday 14/08. Hoping for a good day - given it coincided with the full moon, and tide was full and starting to run out.

We got a few early small Flathead - 36cm, 26cm. And later a few whiting.

Decided to get out a few hard bodies lures that I had bought on friday and troll them. I hadn't done much trolling but had been reading about it last week, and i guess not really rocket science given i knew the spot held Flathead - but couldn't work out why we couldn't land too many today.

Tide was dead low just starting to run back in. And I did one run upstream, then 5 minutes later downstream and was literally gonna pull up stumps when ... wham ... my killalure got hit.

The result - this fat 71cm Lizard ... the photos doesn't do it justice how fat it seemed :ohmy:

post-7042-144598663165_thumb.jpg

post-7042-144598663178_thumb.jpg

While i am reporting - I will include this picture of an interesting critter I caught 1 month ago around the full moon. :blush:

post-7042-144598663184_thumb.jpg

definately a hairtail.... i have caught them up to 6 foot long and come out of the water like a chrome bumpa bar. Just watch out for their whip tail and the K9's up front. To bring them into the boat you just hold them out of the water and grab behind their head like you would a snake.

definately a hairtail.... i have caught them up to 6 foot long and come out of the water like a chrome bumpa bar. Just watch out for their whip tail and the K9's up front. To bring them into the boat you just hold them out of the water and grab behind their head like you would a snake.

wish i knew that before i caught it ... i just headed for the other end of the boat ... thought about keeping to eat ... but wasn't too sure ... and didn't look like much meat on it, apparently fairly small one, so i let it go to fight another day.

Archived