awsome day off the goldie 15/8/11

rosco1974

post-3985-144598663317_thumb.jpg

post-3985-144598663325_thumb.jpg

had a day off today and couldn't find a deckie for my boat and with the forcast for today i booked a half day charter with fish the deep late yesterday arvo.i took my ususal bottom bouncing rod being a 10-15kg t curve matched to a 6500h saltist and a new floatline rod i picked up yesterday arvo an abu veritas 5-9kg matched with a stradic 5000 with 9kg whiplash line on it.i got on the boat and had a chat to the skip matt and deckie aj on what the plans where for the day,was told straight to the 42's for a hot trag bite them sort it from there,we departed and once outside the seaway we where greeted by 10-15knt winds a bit different to the 5-10 we where expecting . on the way ouit i said to matt i want to blood the new rod in a big way he said the 2nd spot i would get onto something to blood it with.when we got out to the 42's and it was an awsome hot bit with the trag with the boat bagging out in 40 minutes good size trag as well most 45cm or bigger.60 in total.i managed to pull my 5 plus help a few of the others fill there bag.think i got 12 all up,next stop was the 36's i still used my bottom rod for 10 minutes for bugger all then the skip puts a livie on my new rod and said float this down with a big grin on his face.so i did and 3/4 the way to the bottom and she loaded up,clear the lines was the call from the deckie to give me a crack at it.fort the fish for 10 minutes and got it to the boat was a mac tuna around the 6 kilo mark was stoked on the fish and the new rod.after this we tried a few spots for flatties and a lone tuskie for the box.we headed into a spot where the cobs have been got a few touches but no hookups.i got the 2nd last live on my new rod again and same story 3/4 the way to the bottom i hooked up again to another tuna this 1 going 7kg+ .i highly recommend this charter mob been with them 3 times now for a feed every trip.pics are what i bought home for a feed taken at home.no pics of the tuna as didn't have a camera on board.

cheers rosco

Archived