Yak fishing videos

josmo99

Hi folks

Thought I'll share this series of videos with you. I found them by accident while trawling the site for kayak info on Sun. I really enjoyed watching 'em! Makes me wanna buy a Hobie Island Adventure! And better still, this guy beats iFish, Fishing Australia et al hands-down!

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/yakabout

Joe

Hats off to the guy as he catches some good fish but for me there's just too much crap hanging off the whole setup with rigging lines, sails, tramps, out riggers, rod holders, gaffs, cameras and whatever else he has stuck to the thing that can all get in the way. Just my opinion on it though.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

What he has looks more a mini catamaran that happens to have a Mirage drive but it seems good for extended offshore fishing trips. Definitely not your average car topper I agree. I wouldn't ever want to outfit my kayak to that extent but then again I only chase gars, bream, flatties, whiting - members of the genus Poecilia reticulata.

Oh yeah, he's also carrying camping and cooking gear. In one episode, he has a Cobb in the back cooking a lamb roast. :lol:

Archived