Nissan 4x4 electrical problems

Greenmachine

I have a 93 Nissan Terrano td27 turbo deisel. A couple of days ago the radio, a/c, indicators, rear lights,

power windows, central locking and tacho all stopped working. :evil: Headlights are ok.

I have checked all fuses in fuse box and all are ok. Checked all loom connections I can find and sprayed with inox. Next day the battery light has come on and stays on. Checked voltage to be 12.45v with engine off and engine on which tells me alternator not charging. I am a bit sus if it is just a stuffed alternator though because I would think that I would still have all the above electricals working but draining the battery. :huh:

Anyone have a theory?

I have a 93 Nissan Terrano td27 turbo deisel. A couple of days ago the radio, a/c, indicators, rear lights,

power windows, central locking and tacho all stopped working. :evil: Headlights are ok.

I have checked all fuses in fuse box and all are ok. Checked all loom connections I can find and sprayed with inox. Next day the battery light has come on and stays on. Checked voltage to be 12.45v with engine off and engine on which tells me alternator not charging. I am a bit sus if it is just a stuffed alternator though because I would think that I would still have all the above electricals working but draining the battery. :huh:

Anyone have a theory?

Mate i still have your mobile number, i have a mate who is an Auto Electrician in Coomera i will call him and ask :)

He lives ten minutes from you

Cheers

Darren

Have you checked the computer? just unplug, check all the connections and hook it up again. IM not an expert, but that would be my next check after everything you have looked at[/quote

I'm pretty sure it doesnt have a computer, mine is the earlier model. I think the terrano 2 has the computer. Cheers Rob

Darren, that would be great if you could give me your auto lekie mates number. I was about to look up the yellow pages for a local one. I would rather give a mate some business. Or a mates mate!

Have you checked the computer? just unplug, check all the connections and hook it up again. IM not an expert, but that would be my next check after everything you have looked at[/quote

I'm pretty sure it doesnt have a computer, mine is the earlier model. I think the terrano 2 has the computer. Cheers Rob

Darren, that would be great if you could give me your auto lekie mates number. I was about to look up the yellow pages for a local one. I would rather give a mate some business. Or a mates mate!

No prob will give you a PM with his number :)

first check would be the fusible link . most nissans have 2 in the system

and 2nd would be the earth wire from the battery to the car / engine block .

might sound strange but a bad earth can cause weird symptoms

Under the bonnet I found 2 Glass type fuses in plastic cases. ( the type like on the car radio active wire)

They were ok though. I noticed that the bonnet has been rubbing on the negative terminal of the battery but as the negative is joined directly to the body I dismissed this issue.

from memory the are beside the ignition relay up under the dash , might be a circuit breaker in your car but could be wrong .

the negative terminal rubbing i would sort out asap aswell

fusible links are not the glass fuses .

Ok thanks heaps, It sounds like thats what it will be. I will check tomorrow with a bit more light to see under the dash ;)

Cheers Rob

Archived