Mooloobah River Tuna

Carter

post-9694-144598668954_thumb.jpg

post-9694-144598668945_thumb.jpg

For something different My mate and I hit the Mooloolah river and canals this morning for a fish. It was a first for both of us and a late call so we head straight into the main river at about 7am and starter throwing surface lures around the mored boats. First fish within 10 mins of leaving the boat ramp was a Mack Tuna aprox 6 kilo on a Zippin Ziggy using 8lb fire line with 12 lb leader. When it smashed the lure I thought it was a huge Trevelly but this thing took off and kept going up river and almost spooled the measly 100 yards or so of main line before a quick chase down secured some line back. About 5 mins later the fish was in the boat. No more Tuna after that, quite a lucky capture indeed but we ended up landing a few Bream and Trevally in the canals. My mate Scoota caught the standout Gt just over 50cm on 4 lb and 6 lb leader. Awesome morning! :cheer:

solid mack there on that light line! :woohoo: it took me 20mins on 10lb with a 7kg model at moreton using the boat to chase it down, was a losing battle when it headed down 20mtrs and went into circles :lol: great effort and lucky not to be taken through all the boats and structure 10/10 B)

Archived