Ningi Creek

Dazzamcgee

Took off at the last moment with 2 hours to spare for a quick Flick. Headed to a little spot at Ningi(you know the spot Jimmy;) ) with a almost 40cm whole tailor (which I caught at the Maroochydore river on the weekend) for bait. Plenty of Bream on the chew, caught 4 Bream with 2 of them being very small and the others well they were ok. Had a few really nice runs that I could'nt convert but hey thats fishing for ya. Not the best of fishing sessions but at least I got to wet a line.

I was sort of out that way this morning, in the passage off bribie. Came out with bugger all fish (a small bream and 1 parrot) but after 3 hours of fishing the pots were loaded with sandies. I have never seen so many large jenny's, maybe 10 around 15cm. Still came home with 5 big fellas, but its good to know there are lots of big girls out there keeping the stocks up

I was in the creek Saturday, I saw people in boats catching sandies on lines. Must take a pot or two next time. I got a 60cm flatty, and a 25cm bream which I released. The flatty had swallowed the back hook of the lure into it's gut. Fed us two nights with lunch for tomorrow. I saw a thing that bothered me though. Cooked shells of about 20 muddies, and quite a few fat tails (females). They hadn't even eaten the leg meat. All good size. Next to the Toorbul side boat ramp.

:-)

Yer cowfish, no fun getting pots nicked. The bloke at the bribie boat hire told me lots of people dont put long enough ropes on their pots, and with the strong tides plenty of pots get washed down and end up in the mangroves. Every monday he heads down and folds up all the pots from the week, so they dont keep on killing crabs, the crabs already in them die and more keep on crawling in to eat the dead ones.

Alby, what a waste them killing all those females. Plenty of the crabs in my pots were missing both claws. Looks like people have just been getting a feed out of that, might as well just kill the crab.

Archived