transducer clicking

pancakes_and_haggis

hi guys, today when i turned on the sounder on my yak there was a clicking sound comming from the transducer!

its mounted using glue inside the hull and never had problems with it before

cleaned out the whole inside of the yak last night and today was the first day i used it since cleaning it,

could there be a problem with water and the transducer? surely not

when i reduced the ping speed on the sounder settings the clicking speed up or slowed own

hum

help would be awesome,

and the report from maroochy river fom todays fishing,,,, very very sunburnt, one big eye taken on a daiwa double clutch withing 5 mins of launching and nothing else for the next 4 hours :unsure:

callum

haha yeh i said that lol, but i had a last minute change of heart, pitty i didnt stay with my first idea

ok, so does anyone know the source of this problem or not, because its going to do my head in in a seriously large fashion if everytime i turn it on its going to click clik click, thats why i love the yak so much because of the peacefullness of it all.

might have to take it back to mal at sunstate hobie and get it redone if i/we cant find a cuase for it

depending on what sounder it is if you change the kHz it can reduce the intensity of the echo(ping).which is why fish get spooked, they hate the noise as well.if you dont get the ticking as you call it the sounder isnt working. perfectly normal all sounders make that noise.

theres nothing wrong with the tranny ticking mine do it too.

i asume the transducer is in a proper mounting kit for a yak inside the foam insert like in the pic you can see it through the hatch. its a good idea to squirt a bit of water in side the foam surrounding filling it up to keep the transducer wet just incase theres ever a problem, it will stop the tranny from cooking it self. having it submerged in the little bit of water keeps the air off it prolonging its life.

mick

post-5342-144598670032_thumb.jpg

hey plugger,

when you say that if it doesnt make that noice its not working correly, what do you mean, im not too sure??

mines a lowrance elite 5 x colour sounder and its been working awesomely for 4 weeks since i got it new and now its making the noise.... so how can it be working properly now when its meking heaps of noise and isnt showing anything anydifferent to before when it wasnt makign the noise, im abit confused as to what you mean mate??

Archived