game chair

madmullet

well its coming into L.B.S.F and i am looking into mounting a game chair to the 4wd. now i know how i am going to mount it, the problem is they are way to expencive to buy. can anyone shine a light on how i could make a sturdy one.

this one is the cheapest i have found and i am not pay that amount of money to save my back, i will just stick with the black magic back brace and harness

cheers kurt

/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Reelax-80LB-Game-Fishing-Chair-Brand-New-/190571012328?pt=AU_Accessories_Tackle&hash=item2c5eeae0e8

Thats an easy job Kurt.

All you need is 2 pieces of round pipe that fit neatly inside of each other.

A short piece welded vertically onto the bullbar and a longer piece cut and bent into a right angle.One end slips into the upright on the bar and the other end gets a flat plate welded on top so you can mount a swivel boat seat onto it.

If your bull bar is a heavy steel one thats quite deep you can use square tube instead and weld a short piece onto a flat area laying horizontal and the extension tube that slides inside it has a seat plate on it,similar to a Hayman Reece towbar setup.

Stick a pin through either setup to stop the seat coming out.

You can also make a setup that slips onto the bar somewhere instead of welding a permanent fixture.

You can also make them to swing off your towbar but theres a lot more work involved and its also hard for the driver to really see whats happening but its a good option for vehicles without a bullbar.

These setups are very common for beach sharking down in NSW so you may find some info on google to give you a few ideas.

Thats an easy job Kurt.

All you need is 2 pieces of round pipe that fit neatly inside of each other.

A short piece welded vertically onto the bullbar and a longer piece cut and bent into a right angle.One end slips into the upright on the bar and the other end gets a flat plate welded on top so you can mount a swivel boat seat onto it.

If your bull bar is a heavy steel one thats quite deep you can use square tube instead and weld a short piece onto a flat area laying horizontal and the extension tube that slides inside it has a seat plate on it,similar to a Hayman Reece towbar setup.

Stick a pin through either setup to stop the seat coming out.

You can also make a setup that slips onto the bar somewhere instead of welding a permanent fixture.

You can also make them to swing off your towbar but theres a lot more work involved and its also hard for the driver to really see whats happening but its a good option for vehicles without a bullbar.

These setups are very common for beach sharking down in NSW so you may find some info on google to give you a few ideas.

sweet as mate.... i did google all sorts of things that involved game chairs but nothing came up that i could find....

i will sit down over the next few days and ponder this idea and make something while i am at work... thanks heaps

>http://bluemako.customer.netspace.net.au/jetty.htm

These guys have some wicked lb ideas

Yeah Doug and his crew set the bench mark for landbased shark fishing in Australia, Simon and James Harmon managed to catch some monsters including a 15 ft tiger with just the gimble and harness from the beach. It was on tv about a year or so ago a bunch of guys who made a game chair on the back of the ute and were catching 6-7 ft bullys.

post-159-144598670213_thumb.jpg

Yeah Doug and his crew set the bench mark for landbased shark fishing in Australia, Simon and James Harmon managed to catch some monsters including a 15 ft tiger with just the gimble and harness from the beach. It was on tv about a year or so ago a bunch of guys who made a game chair on the back of the ute and were catching 6-7 ft bullys.

[attachment=39082]Tiger2.jpg[/attachment]

bit of overkill for 6-7ft sharks....

i have never done much mainly for the fact of no 4wd, but this yr will be differant

[attachment=39082]Tiger2.jpg[/attachment]

bit of overkill for 6-7ft sharks....

i have never done much mainly for the fact of no 4wd, but this yr will be differant

I had a bit of a laugh when i seen the Tv section on it and they were only catching the 6 footers

post-5342-144598670363_thumb.jpg

tow bar at front

post-5342-144598670376_thumb.jpg

the chair inserted where the tow bar was.

i got a foot rest that goes on the main sharft and swivels independently from side to side a few inches each way left - right for comfort

post-5342-144598670385_thumb.jpg

mount the chair high so fellow mate can walk around the chair safely and for a better visual

post-5342-144598670396_thumb.jpg

adjustable spring loaded tension recliner

post-5342-144598670405_thumb.jpg

adjust the spring up hard so you can really get ya wieght leaning back in the chair

post-5342-144598670416_thumb.jpg

the blue spottie in the middle has led built into them there a britax brand light and wired up to the parker lights for adiquete lighting at night with out having head lights on draining the batt

post-5342-144598670425_thumb.jpg

i made a steel tray that goes in the rear tow attatment.makes a great table/seat/ cooking area

and not condoning this at all as its illegle as road rules apply on the beah but geez its great for ya mate to jump on when crawling down the beach on the chase.

you can find these sort of chairs at second hand out let joint there old school. there the type of chair i remember the old school master having in his office,and there cheap.

somthin like that cost me i duno 60 -70 bucks.

mick

if you need some galvanized piping i have a shed full of all different size lengths pretty sure its 60mm diameter thick walled pipe. if you need some i could get you some

cheers ryan

. :lol::lol::lol::lol: hahaha you do or ya dad does hahaha

just jokes

ahahaha well whats his is mine as he says

Archived