Kouji Vib60 Lures Work Great On Flathead As Well

Orca

During 2011, the Kouji Vib60 lures accounted for a large number of Bass during ABT and BarraBasstastic comps as well as species such as Snapper around Moreton Bay Reefs. We have long suspected the flatties would also love them so Austackle angler Jamie McKeown went out yesterday with his 3-6kg Fireblade and some Kouji lures and fished the deep water around the Pin bar. On the second skip of his very first cast he nailed this fantastic 88cm Flattie and went on to catch over 20 for a 3 hour morning session before the wind got up.

You will be able to read all about this session and pick up some very good tips by reading Jamies column in next months Bush n Beach magazine.

6 colours are now in stock (including the Purple Cloud colour which caught the 88cms model) with the other 4 colours arriving very soon. Priced at around $12 each they represent incredible value for money.

post-9073-14459867201_thumb.jpg

post-9073-14459867202_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598672021_thumb.jpg

I must say Mike, i brought 5 different colours from your shop and these lures work a treat on Bass,Bream,flathead. Its a great lure at a great price, and does the job well :)

Top work Mike ;)

Cheers

Darren

Jamie has since commented to me that the Kouji Vibs worked much better when the tide wasnt running so fast as they are a relatively light lure. (13g) We are in the process of increasing the weight by 3 grams to make it more versatile in tidal applications. Of course it doesnt matter in Dams where you dont have strong water movements.

The other thing we talked about was the apparent abundance of bigger flathead being caught this season. In the last 4 days Jamie has caught 2 over 90cms and 2 over 85cms. We are putting this down to the size restrictions put in place a few years ago ( must release over 75cms). It seems sometimes or at least very occassionally the goverment does get it right!

bit of extra weight would be good, I wa using one today chasing Bass and it didn't quite have enough in it to get down to where they were holding with the little bit of flow that was there. Did drop one fish on it before I decided to go back to the diving HB's and work the snags instead. They are a very good lure for the price though and I will get some more when the heavier ones come out.

Heavier ones start to arrive in about 3 weeks. The extra weight does not appear to have affected their action at all which is great. WE orinally developed this lure for the dams which is why we kept it quite light but once we relaised it had far greater possibilities we started experimenting with extra weights until we found what we consider to be a good all - round weight. Its quite amzing how much difference 3 grams has made to the sink rate. we put one new and one old next to each other in my pool ( aka the testing tank) and was really surprised.

Heavier ones start to arrive in about 3 weeks. The extra weight does not appear to have affected their action at all which is great. WE orinally developed this lure for the dams which is why we kept it quite light but once we relaised it had far greater possibilities we started experimenting with extra weights until we found what we consider to be a good all - round weight. Its quite amzing how much difference 3 grams has made to the sink rate. we put one new and one old next to each other in my pool ( aka the testing tank) and was really surprised.

Got some more feedback last night saying that the heavier ones (prototypes) worked good 2 hours after high tide near Swan bay so that waas good to hear. If we put any more weight inside we will kill its action.

Archived