YES! PB bream

gardiner

Hey guys, wont talk for too long. I went for a fish to pelican waters chasing milkfish with bread but ended up with this beast. Good fight! i love bream now :lol: It is a solid 41.5cm bream. My biggest so far :) Im really stoked :woohoo:

post-8784-144598672631_thumb.jpg

post-8784-144598672641_thumb.jpg

post-8784-144598672651_thumb.jpg

Thanks and i hope you enjoy the photos. cheers, gardiner

Thats a nice Bream mate.

Rather than bread for the Milkfish get as much of the green weed that they use for bait for Luderick as you can. Keep some for bait and chop the rest up finely and mix it with a bit of sand. Throw it in as berley to attract them. Plait a strand of the weed onto a strong size 1 or 2 hook. Half a meter of fluro stronger than your braid and the lightest sinker you can cast.

Milkfish are herbivorous bottom feeders ;)

Gardiner, your best bet to catch a Milk fish is to use bread to burley them up.I assume they would be eating bread because of people feeding bream etc, if not you can go to where ever they are every day after school and throw a few slices of bread out, it wont take long before they start feeding on it if they're not already. Then use a size 2 hook with an unweighted piece of bread to cast out or float out into them. Most of the milkfish I have caught have been with bread, bread flies and weeed flies. I can email you an article I did on Milk fish a few years ago for Go Fishing Magazine if you wish.

post-9694-144598672745_thumb.jpg

post-9694-144598672758_thumb.jpg

Archived