The Staff at BCF

Cobra

Ok time for a whinge.. Who else finds that the staff at BCF wouldn't know a fish's arsehole from a cheeseburger ?? I can never get any stern sort of advice and even if there is no other customer in the shop you'd be lucky to find a staff member and they are slow at the check out too..

I say support your local tackle store like Tackle Warehouse ,,, BCF is like the Kmart chain of tackle stores and they anal plunder

I go to the one at Capalaba....They are friendly enough.. they just dont know much about fishing and the products they sell.. why not work in McDonalds or KFC ?

Where would you prefer to be :P

Ill take BCF over the grease factories.

I agree tackle store staff can sometimes lack in knowledge, but they have to learn somewhere. Based on some kids I see around the traps these days I reckon good on them for having a part time job in the first place.

Angus

I go to the one at Capalaba....They are friendly enough.. they just dont know much about fishing and the products they sell.. why not work in McDonalds or KFC ?

i go to the same store and have had the same experiences. but they always say hello when u walk in the door lol. best place i have found for advice is this web site do your product research here then find were its sold cheapest

I have nothing but praise for the people at bcf cannon hill. They're massively helpful and if they can't help they'll find someone who can. They've cleared up warranty issues, replaced things no questions asked, and even started stocking lures I requested. Sure I love going to the tackle warehouse, their advice and product knowledge is tops. But bare in mind that bcf stocks all sorts of stuff and are not just a fishing store, so don't expect every kid in there to be a fishing guru.

Lastly, I know Dec, Youngy, and Fergies Missus from this site all work at BCF, and from what I've seen their fishing knowledge is up there with the best of them....

MEEOOOOW ......here kitty kitty :lol::lol: :kiss:

there job aint to tell you how to fish thats for you to figure out.

well i reckon the staff are great, there knowledge on there products range are up to scratch and they can point you in the right direction on which product/brand to buy pending on your budget and there always willing to price match with other stores,

and depending i supose how nice of a bloke you come accross the fellas at ipswich see what ya got in ya hands and will sometimes walk up to ya and say "hey mate if you can wait until the next month until the new catalouge comes out they'll be on sale mates retes if you can wait till then".

ay thats not bad,you dont get that kinda service at idependent tackle stores there more then happy to take ya money.

Where would you prefer to be :P

Ill take BCF over the grease factories.

I agree tackle store staff can sometimes lack in knowledge, but they have to learn somewhere. Based on some kids I see around the traps these days I reckon good on them for having a part time job in the first place.

Angus

I agree!! Better than out on the streets causing trouble and annoying everyone.

hmm well i don't think every one is born knowing every thing & the only way to learn is by Experience, if they don't know all the answers & you think that you do, well tell them what they are. When i go down the tackle shop. (witch ever one that may be) i will have a chat & listen to what they say, but i also share my experiences as well & when i walk out, most of the time we both have fresh ideas to think about. :blink:

Ok time for a whinge.. Who else finds that the staff at BCF wouldn't know a fish's arsehole from a cheeseburger ?? I can never get any stern sort of advice and even if there is no other customer in the shop you'd be lucky to find a staff member and they are slow at the check out too..

I say support your local tackle store like Tackle Warehouse ,,, BCF is like the Kmart chain of tackle stores and they anal plunder

sounds like a self imposed personal rough pineapple act.. why keep going back?

Agree with comments about Ipswich BCF

Arse Cobra .Very harsh uncalled for words.

Slow at checkout? Maybe they are trying to go that little bit further by being friendly

Capalaba and Cannon Hill always helpful and if they dont know ask you to wait till they can find a staff member who can.

If they dont have something in stock they will look up on computer to see if another store has it.

Yes they are young blokes but they have to get experience somewhere and in my experience are always polite and keen to learn.

Quite a few AFO members work at BCF and are living their dream.

Remember BCF sell a diverse range of products and you cannot expect all staff to be fully aware of all of them.

If you have had an bad experience with a certain store did you take it up with management and give them a chance to fix the problem?

If so and the matter not resolved then is the time to post not just fire off a loose cannon.

Cheers

Ray

Maybe you just got someone having a crap day? Ive been to capalaba store many many times and have found that the people in the know are not there everyday, they must have others jobs or something. There are a couple of blokes who know there stuff?

Best bet is research the net for what you want and ask where it is when you walk in

Was at BCF Cannon Hill today and needed some help finding a aftermarket bracket for my sounder.

The guy was really good, i think his name was Craig but very helpful and actually knew exactly what i was looking for :)

Some staff at BCF can be hopeless but you will find that at any type of store whther it be fishing, electrical, clothing etc...

If you're not happy then speak with the manager and if that fails and still not satisfied take your business else where

To be honest, when i go into a shop , i kinda already know what i want to get, due to the research I have done via this and other sites, I normaly don't go asking Sales people questions about what to buy, as I never trust them fully, Infact i don't really like to be bothered (sorry if your a sales person), for example , I brought a TV from Harvey Norman and the sales guy was trying to sell me a brand of tv that i did not want, and infact was rubbishing what i brought even tho I did my research.

But I do like it when sales people are friendly and enjoy a good chat, that is what makes me come back and buy more, If they are rude, then i normaly tell them off and don't come back.

I have never had a bad experience from bcf or anaconda, but if you do get shitty sales people, just either email or tell there manager, they might give them better training.

Have nothing but compliments for the staff at bcf lawnton. Went there yesterday with me son to choose fathers day present and was asked for help by three staff members within the first 5 minutes. That's good service if you ask me especially because the place was chockers, couldn't even get a park on there premises. Any way special thanks to the young bloke think his name is xan for his advice and recommendations and I left the place pretty happy.

Bcf are fine in my opinion, i dont go there for advice, if im after an opinion i go to the local guys, my store of choice being procatch at sunnybank.

Very helpful guys and i love chattin to them about fishing and gear required to do the job.

I am happy to spend a bit more with the local guys as oppose to bcf as i feel u get a more personalIsed/enjoyable experience. and they remember u if u are a regular customer which is nice!

Oh yeah u dont get any "security check section a" cds on repeat either!

Ha ha it seems the old Arse Cobra has aroused a bit of controversy on the AFO site !! Classic stuff - Ok tomorrow is Monday so I hope all the BCF staff chuck a sickie and hit the water.. and everybody else for that matter !! Get a mullet up ya !! ha ha

The guys at BCF Ipswich are really good, except the bitch manager, she doesn't have a clue.

dito for the guys at ipswich and agree about her she is just PMT X2 but most of the boys and girls know what they are talking about

yup, and you can tell she is a bitch by the way she acts around the lads that work there, must be a nightmare for the blokes.

I believe most tackle shops have good and bad staff members, but to tar all the BCF stores with the same brush is wrong. I live on the Goldy and the store at Labrador is staffed by a number of friendly and knowledgeable people, one in particular who would help anyone and pass on as much knowledge as he could. He even takes some customers on fishing trips to teach them! If you shop there, then you know who I mean.

Ha ha it seems the old Arse Cobra has aroused a bit of controversy on the AFO site !! Classic stuff - Ok tomorrow is Monday so I hope all the BCF staff chuck a sickie and hit the water.. and everybody else for that matter !! Get a mullet up ya !! ha ha

yep cheers i sure will be, ill be hitting the water nice and early ;)

Might be a good idea to change your username as well as your avatar :evil:

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ass%20Cobra

Though most people do choose a username that is self descriptive in some way :lol:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Mate I love the little smart alik at bcf virginia, he talks like hes 50 years old and has been around the worl a dozen times, we have some good chats, he l;oves being there and he's learning from good fishermen all the time.. I know I was a dic*head when I was 16 (I stilled get called one from time to time) :cheer: :cheer:

....and that's as far as this thread will go.

It's an old chestnut that raises it's head every 6 months. I've had service at Cannon Hill BCF that was great. On another occasion the checkout chick made me so angry she received my worst service of the year award. That's how it goes.

A good boss once said to me that no-one goes to work to stuff up or do bad.

I'm sure his opinion is correct on 98.62% of occasions....

Archived