Whats up? Out fished on Fathers Day :(

crazywalrus

To tell the truth it was a good little session. We arranged to catch up with Dazza and Andrea and also Keen-as-fisho down at Jacobs Well for a fathers day outing. Before I arrived I get a call from Andrea crowing about bringing in a nice little flatty. We arrived on the water but things were quiet. The decison was made to head around to Coby Passage in search of some more scaley buggars. I finaly got a hit but did not hook up to the 4 hits. It was good to feel a fish on the line. Meanwhile the rain had set in and it was getting unpleasant and decison was made to troll home. Declan was on before we really started with a nice little 46cm flatty. Only one more fish landed on the way back but it was just below legal. So the score for the day was

Dazza - 0

Crazywalrus - 0

Andrea - 1

Declan - 2

Denis - 5

It was good to get out for a fish with you guys again but isn't the rule that the father is supposed to catch the fish today???

post-7418-144598673024_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598673031_thumb.jpg

Well done Declan.

What happened to Jacob?

Chasing bubbles?

Cheers

Ray

he got the S with the weather and lay down and slept.

Yes Brian i did mean to change those tips but oh well

Yeah I do need to do more fishing Ryan, When these brews mature you will have to pop around aftyer work for a sample. Probably 5 to 6 weeks - are you going to SOO?

Yes Manni I was thinking of the kids. In reality we did not really fish for that long. Moving and Rain put pay to a good day out. It seems like you had good weather today?

Yes Dazza they did learn from the masters P

Jacobswell/ the pin has always been a hole in my opinion and today didn't change that, the place itself is fine but the fishing sux (it would be alright if it didn't get flogged every single day) :( Apart from the rain it was an alright day with good company, my old man would've come but he is recovering from last weeks surgery so it was up to me to put some seafood on the table. Well only one legal muddy and a couple just undersized and one legal flatty at 43cm which was given to the walrus clan. 4 flatties in total for me, 3 between 35 and 37cm and the one at 43cm. So on the way home I popped in to see ol love at the prawn farm to go along with the one muddy for the dinner table. And lucky my sister is a masterchef she knocked up a ripper calamari salad, I'll see if she has a pic later.

Jacobswell/ the pin has always been a hole in my opinion and today didn't change that, the place itself is fine but the fishing sux (it would be alright if it didn't get flogged every single day) :( Apart from the rain it was an alright day with good company, my old man would've come but he is recovering from last weeks surgery so it was up to me to put some seafood on the table. Well only one legal muddy and a couple just undersized and one legal flatty at 43cm which was given to the walrus clan. 4 flatties in total for me, 3 between 35 and 37cm and the one at 43cm. So on the way home I popped in to see ol love at the prawn farm to go along with the one muddy for the dinner table. And lucky my sister is a masterchef she knocked up a ripper calamari salad, I'll see if she has a pic later.

Used to feel the same way mate but the last five or six years I have not come back from the pin with out a feed and at least 1 monster story that was landed or lost it takes time to find the spots best advice is if your going to fish the pin area don't fish where every body else is give a go in places no one else is and do your homework on the feeding patterns of the fish your targeting in particular the flathead are everywhere and I'm hoping to crack a meter this summer

Archived