Kayak Fishing in Raby Bay Canals

viper83

Good luck is all I can say with fishing in Raby Bay. Yes there are some good fish in there but they're few and far between, usual suspects for canals like Bream, Flattie, Trevs and lots of small Cod can all be found in there along with things like Queensfish and Mangrove Jack and Squire but they seem to be pretty well clued up. Personally I prefer to fish the flats more out the front and towards Cleveland Point. Lures and Sp's wise any hardbody cast close to pontoons and rocks should see a Cod or two and i've had some luck in there on an Atomic Prong in 3" on a 1/12th jighead just cast at the pontoons also. But give it a crack and you never know what you might get.

Cheers

Mark

Good luck is all I can say with fishing in Raby Bay. Yes there are some good fish in there but they're few and far between, usual suspects for canals like Bream, Flattie, Trevs and lots of small Cod can all be found in there along with things like Queensfish and Mangrove Jack and Squire but they seem to be pretty well clued up. Personally I prefer to fish the flats more out the front and towards Cleveland Point. Lures and Sp's wise any hardbody cast close to pontoons and rocks should see a Cod or two and i've had some luck in there on an Atomic Prong in 3" on a 1/12th jighead just cast at the pontoons also. But give it a crack and you never know what you might get.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks mate. The canal looks promising but alot of spots around look promising and dont produce lol. Have you fished around the front where the Little Lighthouse is??

Cheers

Mark

Thanks mate. The canal looks promising but alot of spots around look promising and dont produce lol. Have you fished around the front where the Little Lighthouse is??

Yeah i've done alot of fishing off the point there, the Tuna in my pic wasn't far out from there. Plenty of Squire and Bream hang around the rocky outcrops there and along the drop offs further out. Just make sure if you fish it you fish the incoming tide because when the tides out there's bugger all water.

Cheers

Mark

Ok mate, thanks. I have seen it when the tide is all the way out. Have you used 5' Gulp plastics out there at all??

Haven't tried Gulps out there, hate the things and reckon they're overrated but that's not to say they wont catch you a fish. In that area I prefer a smaller 3-4" plastic from Zoom or something similar in a clearish green colour called BabyBass.

Cheers

Mark

Archived