Brisi River Fri Night

Ricko69

I hit Bris river on Fri night, Was on the water at 5:30 and fished the area between the crude jetty and the poo shute til 1:am with only 2 Bream for my trouble and 1 of those was caught in the cast net. I was using herring for livies that bseemed to be all that was anywhere I threw the cast net so I deduced that the fish would be chasing them as well but alas I was wrong. I did hook up with a masive ray that gave me a bit of excitement for a while it took a butterfied hering and made me work hard for every metre of line.

Did anyone else get out in the river over the weekend the weather being so good I am guessing the bay would have been the best option for all but I really want to catch a Brisi river Jew or Thredy.

Cheers Rick. :cheer:

Within the space of two weeks, one of my mates caught a nice jew and then the next week the other mate caught a nice thready. All I have ever pulled from the same spot is bream and pike. I figure it has to be my turn soon!

A Thready and Jew .... we weren't even targetting them and it has only been speaking with other anglers and reading this website that I realise how lucky my two mates were!

If it helps you in your thready/jew quest, we caught both of them on live prawns in the Bulimba area.

It is a pretty well known spot and I have seen other guys pull Jewies and threadies from there. I think my introduction thread post has pictures of my mates and another angler's thready and jew from there. Bulimba boat/yacht? club ... and you can cast for the live prawns at the same location off the jetties .... people normally cast off the second jetty ie one furtherest from the boat club and from the boat ramps

Archived