Help! where to fish.

i wanted to know where i could fish for some quality bream or any bread & butter species without having to travel an hour+ to the goldcoast from springfield ipswich area.

if you guys could help me out thatd be great.

somewhere within 45mins max traveling distance from springfield (ipswich area)

thanks

Hey mate I was down in Bris for about 6 months a couple of years ago, and had the same problem about not wanting to have to drive too far. Here's a couple of reasonably close spots I did ok at:

post-6937-144598681766_thumb.jpg

This is a park at Yeronga where I found pretty reliable bream. I fished the 3 hours around high tide, berleying really heavily right up hard to the mangroves, and floating pieces of prawn around the burley. The fish were in quite shallow water right up hard to the mangroves on the high.

post-6937-144598681776_thumb.jpg

This park is just off Jacobs Well road, and not too long to travel when you hit the Logan Motorway. This area was very productive and got heaps of school jew here as well as big bream and whiting. Seemed to only fire in a one hour window on the slack water high tide, using big bunches of live beachworms. I was very generous with the worms ie: I'd get about $30 worth for a session, but the results were worth it. Also almost always picked up one or two big whiting just when the tide started to ebb. My best session here got 5 schoolies in an hour with one going legal. Tried really hard here with live prawns/herring/mullet, but found they just attracted sharks and catfish.

Hope these work for you.

tiotony: that second spot looks like it would produce..could you pm me the street it's on..photo is just abit too blurry..would love to give this spot a try. thanks for helping me out mate, much appreciated.

Archived