CW Crab Article - NQ Fish & Boat

FishingMania

Could you take the trebble off and put a 5/0 on it? otherwise a #2 would work if its strong. I know that a lot of the threadies Ive caught in one particular spot are full of small crabs and Ive chatted with one of the fishing monthly blokes who targets them (Shane Mackee) and he has noticed the same thing. Ive used crab and it works so these would be logicaly much easier to use and I can think of one spot in the brissy river where I think they might work REALLY well. How can I get a couple off you to test the theory?

Brad

Just spotted them in the AFO shop, the colors ALL look good. Im thinking the green or natural blue for where I fish

Yep, all colours & boths sizes are in stock at the moment and also come in 3 styles.

Floating, Susspending & Sinking

Angus will be back from his trip this weekend so any orders should be received sometime next week :)

We will also be putting up a pic shortly around tuning, sometimes they need a little tweak to get them swimming perfect but most are good straight outta the box :)

Could you take the trebble off and put a 5/0 on it? otherwise a #2 would work if its strong.

Sorry just missed this comment before when I posted...

A couple months back we had a 15kg Cobia caught on a Crab off Caloundra wide using the original trebles and they survived to be used again :)

We have not yet experimented with changing the trebles albeit larger or smaller, this is something we will play with over the coming weeks.

Also waiting on comment from the manufacturer around their thoughts around performace when chaging the treble size, I wouldn't beleive it would be an issue, if you went larger trebles then it may affect the susspending lure with a little extra weight or make the sinking version drop slightly faster etc... but would need to test tihs out

Mate they all sound great, its about time someone did this, Im going to get a couple of each and play around with putting single hooks on them after testing out the trebbles, Im sure they are more than strong enough. Ive just had a better hook up rate on say jackle maskvibs when I replace the rear trebble with a single. But that aside these look like fantastic lures and I cant wait to give them a go!

Mate they all sound great, its about time someone did this, Im going to get a couple of each and play around with putting single hooks on them after testing out the trebbles, Im sure they are more than strong enough. Ive just had a better hook up rate on say jackle maskvibs when I replace the rear trebble with a single. But that aside these look like fantastic lures and I cant wait to give them a go!

Thanks mate, looking forward to some feedback and hopefully a big Thready :woohoo:

Archived