Most Wanted.... Fish List !!

Manni79

Hey Everyone

Sitting here at work and all I want to do is go fishing!! With summer approaching and the many trips me and my mates are looking at doing and with the added bonus of having a boat I can’t stop thinking about the fish I wanna catch!!

This is my top 20 I wanna catch over the next 12 months, I’m sure heaps of BFo’ers have nailed what I have listed below but there are always other fish people wanna catch, what’s your list ???

These aren't in any real order but here goes :woohoo:

1. 25kg GT

2. 15kg Spanish Mackerel

3. 15kg Golden Trevally

4. 1 Metre Barra

5. 10kg Long Tail Tuna

6. 15kg Cobia

7. Wahoo

8. Kingfish

9. 80cm Queen Fish

10. 80cm Snapper

11. 80cm Flathead

12. 80cm Australian Salmon

13. 80cm Thready

14. 80cm Jew Fish

15. Mary River Cod

16. 50cm Jack

17. 55cm Bass

18. Tarpon

19. Coral Trout

20. Toga

1. 50cm Jack

2. 15kg Wahoo

3. 60cm Saratoga

4. 90cm Snapper

5. Brown Trout

6. Bonefish

7. Blue Marlin

8. 20kg Kingie

9. 15kg GT

10. 10kg Longie

11. 20kg Cobia

12. 1m Jew

13. 8kg Red Emperor

14. 12kg Golden Trevally

15. 50cm Sooty

16. Mary River Cod

17. 30kg Sampson Fish

18. Dolphin Fish

19. King George Whiting

20. Rankin Cod

That will do for a start :)

I know the feeling, I'm stuck offshore right now on the north west shelf, being subjected daily to live underwater video of giant GT's/cod/sweetlip/nannygai etc and I can't fish! It's torture! So all I do is sit here and hatch my fishing plans for when I get home in one week!

plan 1: Get a big king salmon as its salmon time at home right now. Have the spot and know live yabbies are the go, so am google earthing around Cairns to try and find some new reliable yabbie pumping spots (compared to SEQ, yabbies are are a lot rarer and smaller in Cairns, but the salmon love them!).

Plan 2: Get a metre plus barra before closed season. Have the spot, just need to break my big barra curse thats been on me for ages now, and actually manage to successfully extract one of the beasts that keep busting me from under the wharf.

Plan 3: Get a big fingermark (60+cm). Been too long since i've got a big one. Have the spot, just need to put the time in there and have the fortune to find some big live prawns to fish it with.

Plan 4: Get a big black jew (1+m). Again been too long since i've got one. Spot is picked out, live mullet source handy, just need to hit it hard on a night time slack water.

Plan 5: Get a tripletail. Have been told of a couple of spots for them about 1 1/2 hours out of Cairns, just need to get off my butt and go and fish them instead of being lazy and just fishing local.

Plan 6: Get really stretched by something on my new 2kg SP outfit. Its still a big fish virgin. Planning to drive up to Tinaroo and try and get a big sooty on it.

Although there's always more fish to catch i'm pretty happy with my results so far if I were to have a hit list, but now I have a kayak i'm more interested in mirroring that list but in the yak. My list for the yak would read fairly similar to your list Manni so it could be interesting to try and target a few of them yak based. My number one if anything would be to catch a decent sized Mackeral of some sorts but from the bay not offshore.

Cheers

Mark

My list is simple really......

1. A huge nobbly snapper as I have never caught one of the real ugly ones yet

2. A lizard that extends off the end of the brag mat... yes I will be nice and gently with her, but just want to boat one.

3. A jack.... just any jack, so I can give the 1 finger salute that Dassa made famous when he signalled to us that he got one.

Although there's always more fish to catch i'm pretty happy with my results so far if I were to have a hit list, but now I have a kayak i'm more interested in mirroring that list but in the yak. My list for the yak would read fairly similar to your list Manni so it could be interesting to try and target a few of them yak based. My number one if anything would be to catch a decent sized Mackeral of some sorts but from the bay not offshore.

Cheers

Mark

Would love to see a big GT caught on a Yak, that would look awesome being towed around the place :)

My list is simple really......

1. A huge nobbly snapper as I have never caught one of the real ugly ones yet

2. A lizard that extends off the end of the brag mat... yes I will be nice and gently with her, but just want to boat one.

3. A jack.... just any jack, so I can give the 1 finger salute that Dassa made famous when he signalled to us that he got one.

get ellicat to take you to his jack spot one evening soon.

My most wanted is still a yella and a jack on a lure. :pinch:

I love these sort of posts, one of the things i love about fishing is setting myself goals and doing everything imaginable trying to achieve them, I have four at the moment, 40+cm whiting (I have three at 39cm and a deckie with a 40.5cm :evil: ) A legal Mulloway off the sand (have caught a few with biggest going 65cm, need more time,mojo,skill etc ) A Greenback Tailor in which i have succeded with 70cm model but want bigger (80 to 90cm horse) And an old Knobby from the bay.

1. 60cm bass

2. 40+ bream (on lure)

3. 90 plus flathead

4. Yellowbelly

5. Jack

6. Jew

7. Tarpon

8. Barra (even a park one will do)

9. Saratoga

10. Another 40+ whiting, it's been a looooong time since I caught any whiting but I really want another 40+ but this time on lure.

That'll do me for the moment, one or all of these would make my day :)

1. 60cm bass

2. 40+ bream (on lure)

3. 90 plus flathead

4. Yellowbelly

5. Jack

6. Jew

7. Tarpon

8. Barra (even a park one will do)

9. Saratoga

10. Another 40+ whiting, it's been a looooong time since I caught any whiting but I really want another 40+ but this time on lure.

That'll do me for the moment, one or all of these would make my day :)

Mate we'll go out and have a crack at those bass when I'm back!

Also, we should get some boys together, rent a shitty little apartment up the coast, have a crack at the barra park and at some yabba creek or borumba toga from yaks - keen?

Plan 5: Get a tripletail. Have been told of a couple of spots for them about 1 1/2 hours out of Cairns, just need to get off my butt and go and fish them instead of being lazy and just fishing local.

something like this mate?

[attachment=40264]22553_500530740116_866955116_11095603_3738752_n.jpg[/attachment]

pic of one my uncle caught up at holloways beach

Yep thats the one I'm after! I have hooked one on a bomber at holloways but it threw the hooks, so plan to venture farther afield where they are more common.

Land Based hit list!

1. 65cm Bass

2. 50cm Jack

3. First freshwater fish on lure

4. 80cm+ Tailor (down on frazer during open season)

5. 100cm Mulloway

6. Legal size squire

7. 75cm Flattie

8. Blue swimmer crab

9. good beach worming session (frazer island)

10. Tuna/Mackrel on a boat

Hey Everyone

Sitting here at work and all I want to do is go fishing!! With summer approaching and the many trips me and my mates are looking at doing and with the added bonus of having a boat I can’t stop thinking about the fish I wanna catch!!

This is my top 20 I wanna catch over the next 12 months, I’m sure heaps of BFo’ers have nailed what I have listed below but there are always other fish people wanna catch, what’s your list ???

1. 25kg GT

2. 15kg Spanish Mackerel

3. 15kg Golden Trevally

4. 1 Metre Barra

5. 10kg Long Tail Tuna

6. 15kg Cobia

7. Wahoo

8. Kingfish

9. 80cm Queen Fish

10. 80cm Snapper

11. 80cm Flathead

13. 80cm Thready

14. 80cm Jew Fish

15. Mary River Cod

16. 50cm Jack

17. 55cm Bass

18. Tarpon

19. Coral Trout

20. Toga

i can help with the jack,bass,toga,snapper,thready and jewie if you ever need a deckie ;);):lol:

Hey Everyone

1. 25kg GT

2. 15kg Spanish Mackerel

3. 15kg Golden Trevally

4. 1 Metre Barra

5. 10kg Long Tail Tuna

6. 15kg Cobia

7. Wahoo

8. Kingfish

9. 80cm Queen Fish

10. 80cm Snapper

11. 80cm Flathead

13. 80cm Thready

14. 80cm Jew Fish

15. Mary River Cod

16. 50cm Jack

17. 55cm Bass

18. Tarpon

19. Coral Trout

20. Toga

i can help with the jack,bass,toga,snapper,thready and jewie if you ever need a deckie ;);):lol:

Thanks Wes, sounds like a good plan to chase a few of these fish ;) open spot for ya mate !!

yes, i know its mostly shark related, but i have caught alot of highly sort after fish

1. 1M + shark on 1LB

2. shark ????... to beat my p.b of 12ft 11inch or 3.8m

3. 2m + shark on 10lb

4. catching a shark on fly

5. mako ( dream )

6. marlin

7. sailfish

8. 25kg+ bluey

9. spanyard

10. dog tooth tuna

The first 4 is on my priority list

1. Spanish 15 kg

2. Bay Tuna any species long or mac I dont care these things are becoming my moby dick .

3. Shark over the 1.5m

4. Bris river Jew.

5. Bris river Thready.

Will worry about puting a size to these two when I finaly catch one.

6. A Horse Snapper from the bay.

After the last couple of weeks fishing, anything will do, My best fish lately has been a 25cm Bream in the castnet I am having a bad run but a purple patch can't be far off. As I always say its about the fishing not the catching :pinch:

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd bump this up to see how people are going with their lists :)

For me I've knocked a couple off, Jack and Yellowbelly. Looking to knock off thready or jew shortly and I've also knocked off a bullshark which actually wasn't on my original list. Still looking for that 60cm bass and 40+ bream on lure and was going to make a trip up to the barra park on my hols to knock that off too but funds are not what they once were unfortunately :(

So how is everyone else going?

Archived