Wicked Fishing Off Breaksea Spit

outwide1

post-6484-144598682746_thumb.jpg

post-6484-144598682736_thumb.jpg

Wicked fishing off fraser

I had the privilage of being on board a good mates 7.0mtr Riptide Double or Nothing on the weekend to

one of the most beautiful locations Queensland has to offer,off Fraser Island.

I will let the pictures do the talking but the fishing was hard due to current.But we persisted and eventually put a good feed together of pearlperch to 5kg,snapper,reds,coronation trout,blue moari cod,parrot,red throat,amberjacks,green jobbys and the list when on.I cant put up all the photos due to Gregs commitment to Bush and Beach magazine but will give you a taste of one

of most memorible trips i have had.We covered over 360km for 2 days but alot of that is the 160km to and from the bar.I was also a part of the filming that Greg is doing at the moment for his

up and coming dvd range on offshore fishing on the Queensland coast.These dvds will cover everything to do with offshore fishing,reading your sounder,techniques and most of all chasing red emporer.

If your as mad as me when it comes to fishing you will have these dvds handy for the days we cant get out there and need a fix of fishing.Details will be up on his site www.wickedfishing.com.au

Keep an eye out on the web site for release dates.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Cheers Mick.

GARMIN NO1. wickedfishing.com.au

[attachment]C:\fakepath\IMG_0191.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:3]C:\fakepath\IMG_0199.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:4]C:\fakepath\IMG_0200.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:5]C:\fakepath\IMG_0208.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:6]C:\fakepath\IMG_0214.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:7]C:\fakepath\IMG_0218.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:8]C:\fakepath\IMG_0221.JPG[/attachment]

post-6484-144598682798_thumb.jpg

unsure how to make them big

Fantastic report Mick and great photo's bad luck on getting sharked with the snapper but i'm sure you didn't mind with the rest of the fish you caught.

I also meet Greg at the boat show when i was helping out Ian from flying fisherman and he was saying then that they were putting together some dvd's that sould be nice to see that part of the world.

thanks dassa

Hey Rick,thanks for your positive reply.The guys on board were Greg and his dad Terry and Dave.The fishing was slow really in comparison to some of the sessions we have had up there.We struggled with the current and our baits werent staying in front of the fish long enough.

Hey Outwide 1,

Looks like a great fishin trip. I have paid alot of money over the years on charters and never had a session like that. A quick question was one of the guys on the boat name Grant he looks very much like a guy from my home town in the north west NSW.

Rick

Thanks to everyone for your replys.A trip like that doesnt come along often enough due to weather etc.The cost is also a contributing factor with over $800 worth of fuel plus ice and bait.But it is all worth it and i could be happy with just doing a trip like that 3-4 times a year.

Archived