finally got bass at my local

T Fisher

Went for a fish down at my local stretch of the bremmer with the idea of catching a few mullet on bread to use down the coast as bait tomorrow. As I havent caught a bass in this area since the new season opened I wasn't expecting to catch any but as I had to go past where I caught plenty last seasonto get to the mullet hole I thought just a couple of casts before I chase the mullet. Second cast and bang a solid hookup to my first bremer bass for the season.

post-7578-144598685236_thumb.jpg

I had a couple more casts with hard bodies with no more action. I decided to have a crack at a berkley gulp I bought the other day with the idea of using them at colledges out of the canoe.The first cast produced my

2nd bremmer new season bass.

post-7578-144598685249_thumb.jpg

I was happy the gulp worked. Had a few more casts with no further sucess so of to try and do the job at hand. So i headed over to try for some mullet they were a bit slow today I only managed 4 but they should do well for bait.

post-7578-144598685258_thumb.jpg

I also managed to rid the river of these vermin while fishing for mullet.

post-7578-144598685263_thumb.jpg

At one stage I left the mullet line in and put a beetle spin on with one of the gulps and walked over to another spot about 15m away and had a few casts. I had a huge hit and a hell of a first run I thought this one is going to be huge. As I eventually got controll of the situation I thoiught this thing is fighting strange the line would slice side to side in the water about 50cm each way. I know what this is a big eel sure enough up comes an eel around 3.5ft long and a good 2.5inches across he still had quite a bit of fight left in him so I let him run on my 6lb line a bit longer till i was sure he was beet. I had left my phone in my back pack over near the mullet rod so I couldn't get a photo of him in the water. I was fishing of a 3ft ledge the same spot I landed a 55cm bass from last season but him I was able to lay down and lip grip him to land no bl**dy way I was going to put my finger in this buggers mouth so I grabbed the 10ld leader to try to lift him he had one last attempt at tieing himself in a not as i lifted and it was all over. I realy wanted to get a picture of him as i havent caught an eel on lure for about 15yrs.

Oh well I will have another go at him sometime soon.

great work, would love to come down there with you some time if you want some company

that would be fine hope the bass are going to be around that area a bit more now this was my 10th visit to that spot since the new season I was starting to think they had all headed somewhere else.

I live near Goodna, will have to give you acall one arvo for a session.

Archived