24's off the seaway report - Mixed bag.

Bri The Pom

post-662-144598687551_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598687547_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598687543_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598687475_thumb.jpg

Myself and mconradi ( Matt) headed out the seaway on saturday morning to a little spot on the 24s that i have had a few squire off over the last few weeks. The seaway was sweet and the ride out enjoyable as always. Hit the spot just on daybreak and got the burley and the cubes going.

We were freespooling pillies out with very little sinkers and constantly cubing at the same time, Matt had a bottom basher down as well and was starting to pull up good slimies. The livies were sent out the back under a balloon and rod up in the rocket launchers with the baitrunner on.

I was first with a keeper a 49 cm squire. Then the livie was smashed and a mac tuna was in the boat. Matt was next with a little take on his pillie and a gentle wind in,the call was bloody good bonito because he'd caught about six already by this time, but when we saw colour and it was pink and alot of it the mood changed and a 74 cm snapper(not squire) was in the boat, you ripper.

I was next with a 54cm squirey snapper, two more mac tuna came to livies and a few more bonito's.

On the way back we trolled a lure at 17 knots had a hook up but spat the lure shortly after.

All in all an action packed 5 hours on the water.

Ps

Our other two partners in crime ( Deno and fishy business - Dave ) could'nt make the trip due to buying suits for Daves wedding or something soft like that - Shame boys.

Ps

Check out the new shirt, comes with free mojo.

Hi Bri, that' a good mornings effort mate, the lure you trolled at 17knotts on the way home was it one of those Sebile's, cheers wayne

Hey Wayne,

That sebile lure jumps out at around 15 knots, the lure i use was a halco max and it was even swimming at 19 knots.

But when im trolling for macs that lure will be out for sure.

Archived