PB Jew, Golden Trev and Bream on Poppers

Freshy

Hi all,

Headed up the coast to house sit for friends at Caloundra and dragged the boat up. Never fished the area before so was looking forward to it.

Got out Thursday for the first run and headed into the canals at Pelican Waters, never fished any canals before. Kobi my second youngest was already excited just after launching, a real animal lover he is and the first thing he saw was a Sea Eagle...

post-5096-144598689093_thumb.jpg

Both boys at the helm.

post-5096-144598689106_thumb.jpg

I didn't have much luck, a few follows on the crack jack and boils after the popper but that was that. Lachlan on the other hand was loving it. Using a Stiffy Popper Bream were all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake. Then it started to rain and the boys got cold, me too, it was freezing. So we headed in.

post-5096-144598689117_thumb.jpg

post-5096-144598689127_thumb.jpg

post-5096-144598689137_thumb.jpg

Lachlan and I went out again on Saturday for an early launch with the intention of hitting the canals again, but decided to chase a feed first. What a great idea that turned out to be. Again not knowing the area meant I had to put my limited knowledge to work and found my first spot. Electric in guiding us around and with in the first 10 minutes I'd dropped 4 solid fish and began to question my setting of the hook.

But boy were things about to change. Bear in mind I fish light using 4lb flouro. Anyway next flick and bang the line starts stripping off. I was fairly confident this wasn't a lizard and after a little tussle up pops a solid Golden Trevally, talk about excited, he wasn't quite ready so a little cat and mouse was played before before it was landed.

post-5096-144598689147_thumb.jpg

It doesn't stop there, a quick change of plastics and I got back out there, a quick flick and wind and bang, this was bigger and better. The electric really came into it's own here. It was a real tussle, gain some, lose some type of fight. Then up it pops, a Jew, but not just any Jew, this was a PB Jew. Now I'm excited, 73.5cm on the mat. What a beautiful fish.

post-5096-144598689156_thumb.jpg

post-5096-144598689166_thumb.jpg

That was a great start to the day. Lachlan then started to fire up catching lizard after lizard using all manner of plastics. But he's now found a favourite. The Damiki Monster Miki!!!!

So over the course of the morning plenty of fish were boated including 2 PBs, absolutely chuffed.

Thanks for reading

Freshy

The Jewie was certainly a nice surprise, but I have to say watching the Bream smash that popper was very exciting... The young fella has got one up on me now!!!!!

Although I've got a spot in the Pine where I reckon I'll pull a few out on the popper... Well I'll find out next Monday anyway...

Archived