Armour Shads + Mud = Winning

Keen-as-fisho

After the poor effort up at mondy over the weekend then the news of slack working week I took this mornings window of opportunity to hit Mud is. The plan was to blood the new combo and the Pflueger salt I won at Mondy on some snaps. Well that plan went out, as I turned the bend to my first spot there was literally hundreds of birds and bait fish going ape sh!t everywhere so I got stuck into the chase casting all sorts of plastics but it wasn't until I rigged up the ever faithful 5 inch armour shad in the moibe colour that I hooked up to my first torpedo :woohoo: This was the first tuna that hasn't spat or straighted hooks on me and because I was using rope, 20LB braid and 30LB leader the fish came in with little effort :unsure:

post-6136-144598691517_thumb.jpg

post-6136-14459869153_thumb.jpg

The fish were still going bananas around me so I took another cast and whack but this one cut me off so I dropped the rod and grabbed the Tcurve revo with the new pflueger salt attached and took a cast. The next fish was more fun as it was caught on 11LB fireline exceed and 16LB leader and it went nuts :woohoo:

post-6136-144598691543_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598691553_thumb.jpg

After the fun and excitement of landing my first two tuna I headed back into mud to chill out with some Bream, but being clumsy I forgot to put my new combo back in the rack and the bloody thing bounced out (Daiwa Tierra with stradic 4000 and 20LB fireline) so there will be one happy bait fisho who pics that up one day, I wont say were it is though :angry:

So after that bit of crap I hit my bream spot only to find a group of bait fish being harassed by 8 or 9 school sharks hard in the shallows. I had my Samaki Zing ready to hit the Bream with a shiny new Pontoon21 Crackjack Carmen red MR48 and thought what the heck. Next thing I know the 4LB is going ballistic and I managed a meterish shark :woohoo:

post-6136-144598691559_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598691568_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598691578_thumb.jpg

I noticed some commotion a hundred meters away so went over to investigate, trusty armour shad at the ready and managed a few tailor around 30cm and a sweetlip. Headed back to the ramp to meet up with dad who I rang to bring a couple of knives and a sharpener for the tuna.

post-6136-144598691589_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598691599_thumb.jpg

What a cracka day despite the 300ish dollars over board.

oohh okay, so metal should get them? did you get urs out at mud? or more into the bay??that bait ball was at mud when i was there on saturday.. hitting it up for about 1 hour or 2 and only small Taylor

I've never thrown metal slugs at them before but its worth a shot, use the small ones because the bait they are feeding on is only about 30mm long. Those two were caught about a kilometer away from mud toward moreton but they were everywhere.

Thanks guys. I've been searching around for the same or similar combo but cant afford it atm so it can wait. The mac fillets last night came out great, lightly pan fried with lemon, soy and fresh chillies on top.

i must have got a dud fish the, did all the right things bled, into ice slurry etc...have to get some recepies of you ;)

Archived