Which rod?.

Keith

Hi there. Just looking for a few suggestions on a rod to go with a Calcutta 100 I just purchased. I'm going to go with 2-4 kg line and use it primeraly for small lures and plastics.I'll be using it on a kayak so something reasonably compact would be good.Thanks.Keith.

Did you get the gold Calcutta with the holes on the side plate?

Dunno about your price range but,

Samurai Reaction B251 6'6" 10~17lb

Samurai Reaction B382 5'6" 12~16lb

or are those too heavy?

I just recently acquired the Conquest 50 and it's sitting on a Loomis CBR783, crankbait combo.

Mate

What fish are you targeting?

I might be completley wrong but would you put a Culcutta in the same stable as a Diawa Pluton? not sure?

If you are, I just married mine up with a T-Curce 5-6 kg, I initially was using the Pluton for Barra but as of late I switched to 10 pound braid and a lighter whippier T Curce that would still provide a good balance to the reel.

Its overkill for bass but it gets them out of those thick snags pronto!

T-Curve series is my pick!

Batman

The Calcutta was purchased on E-bay { 2nd hand } . It's the early model made in Japan. I guess the type of fish I would be looking for would be Flatties,whiting,bream. Pretty much standard stuff. 6kg is the lightest I have fished so it will be fun trying lighter stuff.I was tossing up between a baitcaster and spinning reel but went with the B.C only because I think your more in contact with the fish. { personal view }.

Archived