Big Bream on new Topwater lures

Orca

Our new 60mm "Joey" Topwater lures arrived a few days and are already doing the job. Austackle Pro Angler Drew McGrath is currently in Forster doing a pre-fish for the upcoming ABT Grand Final. Drew spent the first 2 hours this morning throwing Joeys over the racks and caught a heap of Bream including this great 35cms model.

post-9073-144598692316_thumb.jpg

Nice Bream....one less for the comp but, don't take it the wrong way I'm just going by the saying Sh!t prefish good comp OR good prefish sh!t comp.

At ABT level it doesnt work like that. Without prefishing you ahve got very little chnace of winning in foreign waters.

Nice Bream....one less for the comp but, don't take it the wrong way I'm just going by the saying Sh!t prefish good comp OR good prefish sh!t comp.

At ABT level it doesnt work like that. Without prefishing you ahve got very little chnace of winning in foreign waters.

That's cool, I'm personally not a fan of prefishing even if it is foreign waters some of my best placings have come from foriegn waters where I have had a crap prefish or didn't prefish. The Daiwa Hobie ABT grand final is on the 29/30th of this month down in Port Macqaurie, I qualified twice with a second at the Clarence and a sixth in the QLD state titles held at Redcliffe. Should be great I have never fished Port before and am very much looking forward to heading there.

Nice fish from the racks! Would have been a good fight :cheer:

With regards to the prefishing- Its different when theres still a few weeks till the comp. But if that fish was caught the day before on the official prefish day... probably a bad thing! :unsure:

Luckily the GF is still a few weeks away.

With regards to the prefishing- Its different when theres still a few weeks till the comp. But if that fish was caught the day before on the official prefish day... probably a bad thing! :unsure:

Well it would never happen the day before the official prefish as there is a 2 week ban!

That's cool, I'm personally not a fan of prefishing even if it is foreign waters some of my best placings have come from foriegn waters where I have had a crap prefish or didn't prefish. The Daiwa Hobie ABT grand final is on the 29/30th of this month down in Port Macqaurie, I qualified twice with a second at the Clarence and a sixth in the QLD state titles held at Redcliffe. Should be great I have never fished Port before and am very much looking forward to heading there.

still remembering that stonker bream you got on topwater down there prefishing?

Well it would never happen the day before the official prefish as there is a 2 week ban!

I'm aware of that, I said on the official prefish day. You misread what I said.

Yeah sorry nabs you are right i did misread it.As you would be well aware all of the ABT boaters do some pre-fishing in foreign areas especially before Grand Finals. I can understand that perhaps its a bit different with the Tupperware boats as they dont have to race from spot to spot which sometimes can be 20+ apart. Without a good prefish you can end up driving all day with no real idea.

Yeah sorry nabs you are right i did misread it.As you would be well aware all of the ABT boaters do some pre-fishing in foreign areas especially before Grand Finals. I can understand that perhaps its a bit different with the Tupperware boats as they dont have to race from spot to spot which sometimes can be 20+ apart. Without a good prefish you can end up driving all day with no real idea.

orca alot of people who have had ripper pre-fish day also have got a double doughnut. a pre fish raises alot of opinions eg.. stinging the fish, working other peoples spots to sting the fish...etc...so i would say not all of the ABT anglers do a pre-fish.

If you read the post properly and also do a little research you will discover the Grand Finals are not until Novemeber and also there is a 2 week pre fish ban so how anybody can claim my guys are somehow spooking the fish or whatever is beyond me. Take this argument up with Dizzy Borg, Steve Morgan etc. They are the best in the country. They prefish regularly.

If you read the post properly and also do a little research you will discover the Grand Finals are not until Novemeber and also there is a 2 week pre fish ban so how anybody can claim my guys are somehow spooking the fish or whatever is beyond me. Take this argument up with Dizzy Borg, Steve Morgan etc. They are the best in the country. They prefish regularly.

Easy does it mate, this was not mentioned by anyone at any stage and certainitly not by me. I couldn't care less about other ABT fisho's opinions when it comes to a prefish, my opinion was just that... my opinion. On another note I didn't know that the prefish was several weeks away from the actual comp for the boaters, for us there is a week ban before the grand final and an official prefish on the Friday followed by the comp on the Saturday and Sunday.

Misunderstanding and misinterpretation from both sides seems to have skewed this thread off it's original intent.

Perhaps an interesting discussion could be held in a separate thread where members can share their opinions on pre-fishing etc. ;)

Now back to discussing a nice bream caught on the surface..... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived