Monster whiting

Keith

Anyone seen the oct. Bush'n Beach fishing mag. Great pics of monster whiting. The one on the front cover is huge. Do you get fish that size around the Bribie area.? I've caught them around 30cm but haven't seen too many 40-45cm. Christ they would be a hand full on light gear. Just aquired a very nice Calcutta 100 and would love to blood it on whiting that size. I'm heading up to Caloundra tomorrow to flick a few plastics around Golden beach and check out the area for an "assault" with the kayak. Anyone fished those sandbanks out the front of Golden?. It always looks very fishy.

I was at Golden Beach this morning flicking a few plastics. Wow,what a beautiful morning.Saw some nice Whiting in the shallows. Can't wait to get the Kayak up there for a better look.Certainly more appealing than the Pine River, even with the 45 minute drive.

Hi Keith, the 2 articles by myself and Brad in the magazine should help you in capturing whiting, if you looking for somewhere to fish up that way.

The sandbanks to the northeast of the power boat club and just south of Bells Creek would be good places to start, cheers wayne

Hi Keith there was a KFT (kayak fishing tournament) held up there last year, they are Bream tournaments but they have a wild card entry for each round. The Caloundra round had whiting as its wild card which I won with a 41cm ting that I caught on a 3 inch damiki armour shad. The fish was caught hard up in the canals so if the flats don't fire for you try the canals.

Archived