big one mile bass

T Fisher

Went down to my local late today after work for a quick session. Changed lures 5 times on putting the fifth lure on a local came down and asked how are you going what do you catch here. I replied Bass sometimes cast out wound in about 10 turns then wham a fish struck and bent my rod over a farir way. the other bloke seemed more excited than I was. It was a dirty fight he had me wrapped arround a snag witch I could see just under the surface. He was thrashing around right at the top of the snag practically leaving the water. Lucky for me somehow it unsnaged itself with the lure still firmly in it.then he went back into a strong fight. After a minute or so I managed to land this nice sized bass.

post-7578-144598693464_thumb.jpg

I did not have my brag mat so I put my rod against him to get an idea of how long it was.

post-7578-144598693488_thumb.jpg

When I got home I measured the rod against the mat and recon he was around 53cm.

post-7578-144598693496_thumb.jpg

here is a picture of the lure that did the job

post-7578-144598693503_thumb.jpg

things are still a bit hit and miss at this spot I spent 3hrs ther with my eldest son there and pulled a doughnut even went for a little paddle to retrieve one of my lures from my boys mis directed cast witch ended up in the trees then dropped in when I was out on the branches trying to retrieve it. It was a floater so I thought in I go first time this season.My boy said he wished he thought to film my little swim so everyone could have a laugh. He has a twisted sense of humer doesn't he.

Well done T that's a really nice bass. Out of curiosity it appears you still have the plastic on your cork grips obviously to keep them clean, do you find they get slippery and hard to grip when wet?

Cheers,

Ant.

I have never had any trouble with the grips getting slippery. It might be because my fingers are either side of the reel base while holding rod. Rod handles fine the way it is. I don't know why I haven't taken plastic off mabee because I am always to keen to get fishing whenever I handle it.

Archived