snapp and a nice feed of crabs 16/10/11

rosco1974

post-3985-144598695734_thumb.jpg

post-3985-144598695745_thumb.jpg

post-3985-144598695749_thumb.jpg

satarday arvo when the forcast was updated to 15-20knts offshore today i canceled my deckies i had organised and had planed to just get my pots.around 8 last night i had a strange feeling that today would be a great day weather wise so i rang the oldman and said offshore tomorrow.we left manly around 6 in near glassed out conditions checked the pots for 18 keeper sandies and headed out to the 33's,bar was flat and so where the conditions outside with a gentle 5 knots of wind and around 1.2mtr of swell,the 1st hr we put a couple of nice fish in the box but then the unthinkable happined outside ,it totally glassed out with not a breath of wind or current so this really made it hard work to get a fish.we ended up with 7 squiry snapps a moses perch and a pearl perch.i got 6 of the squirey snapps and the oldman caught the rest..come home in the glassed out condition.bigger squire where 59,60 and 61cm the smallest went 37 cm got mine on pillies and the oldman used mullet fillets

dassa,they have just hit between green and st hellena.the pro crabbers have just loaded the area with pots so the number of crabs will increase in the next few weeks.have got 60 odd inthe past 3 days. family have been well fed with the crabs.curried crab for dinner tonite and sandie sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.

cheers rosco

well...if you ever at all run into any circumstances where a deckie is needed rosco, it would my honour to tag along ;):lol:

had battered snapper for the first time ever at a takeaway shop in jacobs wells last week, all i have is praise after praise for the flesh!

crazy,

they are just starting to run so u should be able to get a feed

moses,

i have to admit i love my seafood,none ever goes to waste.the snapps i kept for a feed will be gone by next weekend,just in time to get out for a few more

Archived