Corinda/Sherwood section of the Brissie River

buih87

When i finished work yesterday I got a message from my mate Tai and he wanted to push for a quick night session locally. I knew of a few spots near by which never did well but it was close by and there was no long tiring drive home. Knowing i didnt want to dirty my best gear i just grabbed my Catana/Sienna combo and headed off around 7p.m.. Being poor bums that we are, we did some cast netting. It was my first time and I did alright, i think i counted 5 Prawns that i caught out of like 20 cast:P as my shoulder was shot from casting, Tai and i started to fish. 3 rods on our holders, sat back and relaxed. took about 15mins before my sienna screened and got my heart pumping. That's when i landed my first jewie... ever.... not counting the 15cm one i caught before winter :whistle: :P Before long our bait started to run out and Tai took over the cast net... One cast and he smashed 8 prawns and a handfull of lil mullets, which left me in shame :blush: I went to tried to catch more bait but while i was gone Tai saw my Sienna going again less then half an hour later and landed a jewie as well. both of the jewies was below size limits so we waved them goodbye and we set our gear with circle hooks and steel leader. Tai had his reel scream and he was screaming "It's a Jewie!" and then you here him yell in disappointment as he pulled up an eel. be we kept it for some shark fishing. I brought out the Banax Vanessa and within 5 mins of casting a nice bream smashed the live prawn. Being so low tide i slipped on my butt and bruised my knee every time i had to go down to drag them through the mud and rocks, but it was worth it. I had to get up at 5a.m. for work the next day but we had so many nice runs that we kept pushing the time. It hit about 10p.m. and tai thought it be funny to order some pizza, so we did and we had it delievered and happily sat there and fished. around midnight Tai finally smashed a Jewie and sadly after rolling in the muck to get it to shore, we had to let it go due to it was undersized(yet a fun fight!) Went home with 1 bream we were happy to get so many runs even no hook ups. and one other thing was we had 2 small pullets bitten right in half in a quick strike. made us wonder what it was for the rest of the night...

post-9896-144598697848_thumb.jpg

post-9896-144598697857_thumb.jpg

post-9896-144598697863_thumb.jpg

Yeah we called one dominos and I think they were sussed out and they directed us to another one. Took almost an hour to get the feed and the deliveryboy was like ''what you guys doing out here?'' and he told him fishing... And he said ''u serious? You guys are keen and crazy''

Hahaha. Good times.

well done lads, pizza and fishing, what more could you ask for! :cheer:

Well you're not going to beleive me but this actually happened. The other night when we were there, Hai and i were peacefully fishing until we heard footsteps coming towards us.. we turned to find a Stunning young (well, same age as me)lady asking if she could join us and have a chat.

We politely answered "Sure". We were astonished when she pulls out a rug, lays it out and makes herself comfy... then she asks.. "you guys want a drink??"

Hai and i looked at eachother and thought Holly crap! Gee bit bizaar to have a nice lady out there by herself! She seemed a bit tipsy so it appeared she was already on the piss before she got to the spot.

Well, We decided to have half a glass of white wine each and stopped there. We had a chin wag for about 3 hours, and at the end, she knew how to tie a rig with her eyes shut!! Was suprised she knew a bit about the fish in the river.

Anyway, Night got on, made new friendship and we were catching fish. What more could ask for??? well, then a bunch of hoons decided to rock up to the fishing spot and carry on like friggin idiots. I was going to call the cops but decided that it would be better to go home.

I offered our new found friend a lift home but she said she was a little bit upset (relationship probs)and wanted to stay there by herself. Wanting to be a good samaritan, i insisted we drive her home as she was drunk and with a bunch of nasty hoons there, it wouldnt go down well if i heard on the news the day after something happened to her.

Anyway, we helped her to my car, drove her home safely and handed her back to her house mates. They were very appreciative, and that was that.

Felt good cos we were able to help a person home safely.

Havent heard from her but i hope her probs get solved.

geeeez man you're still thinking about that!? great week of fishing isnt it? i am sure we'll run into her again;) and i cant believe you even mentioned this :woohoo: i think it is a first for any fisherman to have a quiet night out and have a fine young lady join us randoms fishing. you never know if you never go:)

geeeez man you're still thinking about that!? great week of fishing isnt it? i am sure we'll run into her again;) and i cant believe you even mentioned this :woohoo: i think it is a first for any fisherman to have a quiet night out and have a fine young lady join us randoms fishing. you never know if you never go:)

We did a good thing and got Helen home safely. Hai man, i was the one who was forced to become an instant friend and listen to her probs...(was a bit boring to listen to at times), So the man she loves is with another woman... The guy promised her the world and they were going to get together, then the guy gets cold feet! Gee, she was like a model, down to earth and very nice. How could he?? haha. well theres prob more to it than we know.

Anyway, she is safe. Thats all that counts B)

Archived