Butter Bream

Ive seem to have found a spot where there are quite a large number of butter bream..was wondering if there good eating or not?

any opinions would be appreciated..thanks.

alrighty, great!! im gonna head down & try & catch myself a feed..if i can be bothered, will make a video on how to catch them too! :)

thanks for letting me know KAS & tai! appreciate it!

have made a little clip of how to catch them, you probably will be able to guess via the clip.

Hi mosesnguyen, is this place a secret spot or do you mind sharing as I love these buy havnt had any luck catching any

bread was my first option but didnt' work as good as small bits of prawn, one bite & the bread was gone(yes did lick & press them on properly to the hook), prawn lasts longer, & fresh at $5 a kg, i cant' go wrong.

don't waster ur prawns mate... just catch them on bread... lot cheaper :)

When I cantch them I don't even put a sinker, just a hook on :)

might give that a go..2-3 nibbles at the prawn & thats one out 8 hooks gone :lol: ..thanks for the tip Luc.

I used to do fine using a small strip of squid.

Luc

Nice vid mate, didn't quite hear your voice, what kind of jig? look to be a small hook size, what size do you usually use for these?

yeah, the sound quality is quite bad..there normal 8 hook yellowtail jigs, try & find the smallest size jig hooks as they are far more effective.

might give that a go..2-3 nibbles at the prawn & thats one out 8 hooks gone :lol: ..thanks for the tip Luc.

I used to do fine using a small strip of squid.

Luc

Nice vid mate, didn't quite hear your voice, what kind of jig? look to be a small hook size, what size do you usually use for these?

Archived