Great weekend on the river.

BassTracker

After a big week at work and what looked to be shapping up to be a busy weekend, I was relieved to see a few things cancelled and a bit of time up my sleave. I decided to take the boat out friday night with a mate who wanted to catch his first Jew.

I hit the pinkemba boat ramp about 6:30pm and the river was pretty flat after a windy week. We got to the first spot and as usual the tide was hammering through and the boat wouldnt sit still at anchor and after 20 minutes or so we decided to move.

I had wanted to try a spot out where I know people had been catching Jew but I knew it would be awkward to anchor there. We went for a look and got a good hold on the anchor and out went some live mullet on 5/0 circles. We didnt have too long to fish but luckily within 5 minutes I was on.

(A photo of the boat prior to putting the lid on and the LED light set up, and Jew one)

post-1835-144598700392_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598700441_thumb.jpg

Then Sunday I decided to put the new Bimini top and rocket launchers on. Id been reluctant to put them on because I didnt want to reduce head room and fishing area. I set them up pretty high and might drop it down a bit yet.

post-1835-144598700413_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598700422_thumb.jpg

After finishing that job off I thought I better take it for a test run. Again I didnt have long so I headed to the sunken rockwall and put a few livies out. After 2 really big runs, one on the tld25 that I wish I had of hooked up and another on the spinfisher I hooked up to a great little Jew that went 73 cms.

post-1835-144598700431_thumb.jpg

Two nights and two Jew = a great weekend.

Brad

(sorry about the poor second picture, havnt worked out how to take good pics on my iphone on my own.

post-1835-144598700403_thumb.jpg

G,day Basstracker,

I've got a v-sea exactly like yours, that bimini looks excellent and those leds are awesome at night. It sounds like i fish a lot of the same areas as you around the river but i haven't seen you yet. If you ever see another v-sea called Dragonfly say g,day. I know its a bit of a poxy name but i'm supersticious about the name changing thing. I've tried to attach a photo of my boat but i'm new to this and a bit backward with the technology. I'll try and work it out and put some photo's up !!!

Archived