Any charter in Rocky?

cy1301

Hi guys. In Rocky for the week, working. Does anyone have contacts for charters? The local tackle store Barra Jacks said there are no charters in Rocky. The river looks fishy with a lot of fish jumping but if I can get local guidance it will be fantastic as I am not fishing everyday, I have to work too. My fishing time is very limited here. Anyone out there that could have? Guys at the store said there are a lot of barras being caught right now .... my hands are itchy!!!!

Cheers,

Coen

Hi guys. In Rocky for the week, working. Does anyone have contacts for charters? The local tackle store Barra Jacks said there are no charters in Rocky. The river looks fishy with a lot of fish jumping but if I can get local guidance it will be fantastic as I am not fishing everyday, I have to work too. My fishing time is very limited here. Anyone out there that could have? Guys at the store said there are a lot of barras being caught right now .... my hands are itchy!!!!

Cheers,

Coen

being a rocky boy, follow the advice i gave you. night time under albert st bridge west side, and also day time waterveiw street and wattle street. use gold or pink lures eg b52 bomber. fish the falling tide, you will see shat i mean as the tide is falling, alot of big rocky outcrops. you might loose afew lures. be aware of the barrarge fishing limits inplace casue the dpi do hound them. your by catch in the river is threadies, blue salmon, caties and the odd jack.

varies you lure size and pause quite ofter on retreive. suspending lures are also good.

another good location for big threadies is thomsons point near the natural boat ramps, their are old jetties their as well.

at both location be vary aware of CROCS

post-8878-144598701012_thumb.jpg

Hey Mate

1 of my mates up there runs the charter called Bite Me fishing charters, it leaves from Yeppoon, and is on a 30foot deep V boat. He will get you onto a heap of fish. Knows the area like the back of his hand. He will get you onto big reds, big trout, mackies and large nannies.

The guys name is Scotty, just tell him Fishing Mania recommended him.

Contact number: 0419029397

If you can't get a hold of Scotty contact Paul Mann who is one of my Pro Staff up there on 0417906453 he'll be able to hook you up, and tell him Daniel sent you.

Cheers

Daniel

Cheers,

Coen

being a rocky boy, follow the advice i gave you. night time under albert st bridge west side, and also day time waterveiw street and wattle street. use gold or pink lures eg b52 bomber. fish the falling tide, you will see shat i mean as the tide is falling, alot of big rocky outcrops. you might loose afew lures. be aware of the barrarge fishing limits inplace casue the dpi do hound them. your by catch in the river is threadies, blue salmon, caties and the odd jack.

varies you lure size and pause quite ofter on retreive. suspending lures are also good.

another good location for big threadies is thomsons point near the natural boat ramps, their are old jetties their as well.

at both location be vary aware of CROCS

[attachment=41806]rocky.jpg[/attachment]

Cheers for that Kurt. Will let you know if I catch anything :P

Archived