Still trying

pancakes_and_haggis

Well the last couple of days has seemed to me to be good conditions for fishing livies targeting jacks,,

Fished the fishing platform down from rickets road bridge tinnie creek on Tuesday night had five livies out for the last hour of the run in and the first hour of the run out tide. Two runs but no hook ups.

So decided to can it!! and get up early for a dawn session on the kayak in hilliards creek.... Had 4 mullet out on the rock bar off Stevens place for an hour n half on the run in switched spots to a nice drop off to no avail,,

So in a last grasp effort to lure a decent hit paddle upstream to the timber snags and dropped the little fiery mullet in Again but after half hour still no interest

I know there in there as plenty of mates have landed good solid 60cm + fish in there

Please mr jack start playing with me soon I want your photo not your fillet !!

Im on the same boat mate. I been out about 10 times in the past few weeks still havnt got a jack. I fished coomera, nerrang, currumbin and tweed without any real success. I have been busted off about 5 times and spooled at currumbin. Tried using bombers, live mullet, live herring, live pike, vibes and transams. Have had alot of good runs but no hookups. i have tried land based and also boat.

To make matters worse my brother and his mate went to spot at coomera and they got 2 jacks of servo mullet fillets. Dont have photo but the jacks were around 45 n 53cm.

I have caught alot of big brim n flattys while waiting for jacks. Might hight up coomera this arvo again in search for the red devils.

Shane

Archived