Broadwater Snapper

youngy

Hi Guys, working in a tackle shop is a great opportunity to chat with my fellow Gold Coast fishermen, some of whom have fished the Broadwater for 50years, one guy even longer.

Their stories are amazing both in variety of fish and numbers of fish, and unlike some fishermen i have met can back up their words with fish.

One of the guys was a bait fisherman as a lot of older fisherman are, not trying to confuse you but this guys name is Wayne as well, because of this the first time i met him i knew he was a good bloke.

Over the 12 months i have known him, the young fellas at work and myself have turned him around and he now is a lure only guy and lovin it.

Been busy at work lately and haven't been out on the water for 6 days, so despite the 15 to 20 knot breeze and the extremely high tide we decided to go for a crack at these "Broadwater Snapper".

Once the tide turned the half meter of swell told us it was time to go home, before this we managed 3 Snapper to 40cm, a couple of small Jew and a Tarwhine, don't know what the hell he was doing there.

I realize these are not monster Snapper but to be able to target them miles away from the ocean is a great estuary experience, damn things are aggressive and go hard on light gear.

I was using small blades, while Wayne was using soft plastics, both blades and soft plastics were between 1/4 and 1/2 oz.

Oh well tomorrow is another day, might have a crack at some Coomera Trevs, cheers wayne

post-7760-144598702192_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598702201_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598702215_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598702224_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598702231_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, Marty for me the Trevs are still lost.

As stated in original post, we went and had a look for some Trevs both last night and this morning.

A few terrorizing the baitfish downstream in the Coomera, only one fish landed and this was by Pentti on a huge surface lure.

Went upstream this morning after hearing good reports, the trevs were there but didn't want the lures we were offering.

One of the boys i was showing around consoled himself with a nice Jack though, taken on the troll.

Put a photo up of the fish on my new sounder, ever since the high definition sounders come out i have wanted one, just couldn't justify the cost of one for my estuary fishing.

Now for a couple of hundred dollars i have a new Garmin, High Definition sounder, absolutely amazing unit for the money.

Great for finding bait and predators as the photo shows, split screen as well if you want.

Have a good weekend, cheers wayne

post-7760-144598702692_thumb.jpg

post-7760-1445987027_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598702706_thumb.jpg

Archived