Somerset Dam Bass

sari96

I'm not a lure fisho but if you get some shrimp and sink them live amongst the trees or sound around drop offs and do the same, i use a panonoster rig and pin the shrimp through the tail about 2 segments up from the tail just pass the hook through fro 1 side to the other

Hey mate, theres' definatly alot of bass in the lake, like tugger said, get your shrimp out there into the sunken timber, I also find very deep drop off banks produce very well, just gotta be persistent mate. good luck, hope you get on afew in somerset soon!

If you're on a boat a fishfinder will help a lot. but like people will say, they like to sit in sheltered areas until prey swims by their sites. great thing about bass is they arent like bream which nibble on your bait for ages. bass just swallow and run. i never had much luck doing land base there. but then again thats before i really got into my fishing. goodluck anyway mate.

I have very little experience on Somerset but I took my boat up there and found a big school of bass on the sounder. Dropped a TT vibe down and hooked up but the school spooked and we never saw them again.

Early morning before the ski lice get there!

Good luck

Archived