Quintrex Seabreeze 5m 2001 model

sari96

I would say it probably would. What kind of horsepower does it have mate?
get a glass boat, my Haines 495 (4.95m) goes anywhere in the bay, and can handle itself in a bit of swell offshore, I do have a lot of power that helps. You would be able to go virtually anywhere in the bay, and outside in that boat I reckon.

On a good day it will get you all over the Bay and really you do not want to be out there if it not a good day. I use a 4.2m tinny of similar design and it is ok. Only thing to check out is the way the boat is constructed up the bow. The bay is a bit different to the estuaries and impoundments and you will need to handle some waves. If it is not strong enough up front and you fish the bay a lot it will start to crack up and buckle between the supports. You really need to think how much you plan to do it. When I bought my boat I only thought I was going to fish dams and maybe estuary. Since then I have used it at least once if not twice a week in the last two years. It is starting to show the stress of jumping the waves. Just something to think about. A plate boat would handle the conditions better for my situation.

Archived