Gold Coast this week

youngy

Hi Guys, fishing has a way of pulling you back into reality every now and then, just when you start to think you can catch them with your eyes closed they give you a hard time.

Wednesday was one such day, despite the fact the tides were all wrong and it was blowing a gale we decided to hit the Broadwater with lures.

Took one of my customers with me that fishes there as well, short story is he gave me a hiding with his soft plastics.

He ended up with 1 Jew, 2 Snapper, 1 Bream and 3 Flathead, i ended up with one fish and i am not going to embarrass myself any further by saying what it was.

As you can see by my mates results the fish were there i just couldn't get them in the boat.

Oh well no good going home and sooking about it, only one thing to do and that is go whiting fishing, at least i can do that i thought.

Hit the Nerang River with a mate just before dark on the run out tide, the one thing i do like about whiting is they are always there, just got to find what sandbank they are feeding on.

End result was 31 whiting to 40cm, ran out of bait with the fish starting to go nuts, was pretty windy but this wasn't a major problem.

At one spot we caught a few good whiting then a school of big Trevally moved in and started smashing the surface and chased our fish away, might have to return with some surface lures one night i think, cheers wayne

post-7760-14459870711_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598707117_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598707123_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598707129_thumb.jpg

Never mind Wayne,

Fishing certainly does have a way of giving a fairly decent reality slap...

Isn't it funny how sometimes, you're fishing away with a buddy, the odds are fairly evenly divided, but either one or the other seems to be having all the luck...I've been on the receiving end more times than I'd like to admit... But hey, again, that's why we keep going back!!!

Yes Vic fishing can certainly put you in your place sometimes, bit like my wife she's pretty good at that also.

Coen, yes that's Robbie, away for 2 years but hasn't forgot how to catch whiting that's for sure.

Tai, when the Nerang fires for whiting it is unbelievable, cheers wayne

hahaha nicely said vic :lol:

Never mind Wayne,

Fishing certainly does have a way of giving a fairly decent reality slap...

Isn't it funny how sometimes, you're fishing away with a buddy, the odds are fairly evenly divided, but either one or the other seems to be having all the luck...I've been on the receiving end more times than I'd like to admit... But hey, again, that's why we keep going back!!!

Archived