Literally, 2 minutes at Broadwater

taib

Well was feeling a bit unwell at work all day. I think i have been working too hard. Umming and arring whether i should go for a quick flick all day.

High tide was approx at 3.30pm at seaway, so it was 4pm and thought bugger it, will go across the road to broadwater and have a quick flick as its the run out.

got there at 4.15pm. Weather was looking great, wind was calm and the afternoon shades where above. First flick, nothing. Second flick, BANG! Whatever it was absolutely smashed my Slam soft plastic that i picked up at the boaties market again, but this time, it ran so hard that i thought it was going to snap me off!!

Many times i reeled whatever was at the end of my line in, then zzzz off it goes again. This fish really tested the sharpshooter out!

Took Just over 5 mins and over 10people stopping to watch me land this thing in!

Definitely my PB and second trevally i have ever caught!! Man i was stoked. It measured 54cm to the fork :woohoo: :woohoo:

A tourist was so suprised she asked if she can borrow my fish and take a photo.

A local was happy to take some photos for me and she said she has lived at southport for the last 10 years and have ALWAYS thought there wasnt any fish there :P

Fished for another 10mins but nothin else landed.

Enjoy the pics .. Also had a clip, uploaded to youtube from my iphone. Can watch it from my phone but cant find it on youtube on my laptop at home... probably takes a few hours before you can search for it. Will ad the clip when its there on youtube.

Thanks for reading.

post-4323-144598707291_thumb.jpg

post-4323-144598707298_thumb.jpg

post-4323-144598707303_thumb.jpg

post-4323-144598707307_thumb.jpg

post-4323-144598707312_thumb.jpg

post-4323-144598707316_thumb.jpg

post-4323-14459870732_thumb.jpg

YouTUBE clip link now added

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziC9q0aLsI0

nice trevally. wouldnt be putting my certate in the sand though.

Yeah mate, i realised at the time but thought, bugger it... how often do i get the opportunity for a photo like this.. but was very careful. I had a small piece of wood wedged under the reel so it doesnt sink in the sand.

Youtube clip now added.

cheers

Archived