New Combo For Tasmania

chubbstar

I went to my car the other day to get out my rod and tackle. It's been in there for months with out use. I am getting excited about the Bream and trout back home in Tassie. I grabbed my rod and found that instead of it being a 2 piece it's now a 3 piece :( must have got jammed in the hatch of the wagon and snapped off.

So of to BCF I go to see what's about. I ended up walking out with an Ian Miller/Shimano/Starlo Classix :huh: 6'6" 1-3kg ultra light spin do dah. Was happy with the rod until I got home and thought about what I planed on matching it up with TD Advantage 2500, a bit friggen big for this little beauty.

So I start looking online for a smaller real to match my new baby and find a Daiwa Regal 1000. Now I have an old Regal that I used for over 15 years and it's still in good working order (retired it after buying the Advantage and catching a 80cm Barra on the old girl) so I was happy with the match. Ebayed the Regal and found 1 for $60 + $15 postage. Then I googled it and found Amazon, $34 US woohoo. Order it and paid another $20 US for super fast postage (supposed to be here on my door step on Friday 14th this week!)

Gunna throw some 4lb braid on the new set up and hopefully give it a test run this weekend with Faulked.

Now I have to find another rod to match up to my 2500 TD Advantage :blink: Just don't tell the missas :pinch:

Archived